Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Revenue Sr. Accountant
- Location: Houston
- Supervisory: No
- Degree: Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
- Computer Proficiencies: SAP PRA or equivalent revenue systems and Excel
- Work Experience: 5+ years O&G experience required with revenue focus.- Experience in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and North Dakota is a plus.
This position reports to the Revenue Supervisor within the Accounting Organization and will be responsible for revenue oil and gas bookings and analysis for the Company-s US assets.- This position will interface regularly with Production Reporting, Operations, Tax & Royalty, Marketing Accounting, Marketing Representatives, and Land. The incumbent will need to demonstrate strong problem solving, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills and a high level of initiative to realize department deliverables and goals within aggressive deadlines.
- Record more complex revenue oil and gas bookings for assigned area of responsibility accurately and timely.
- Understand the field setup and flow in order to book accurate entries.
- Maintain accounts receivable account balances and actively work outstanding balances.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconcilements.
- Book monthly revenue related accruals when needed.
- Assist in monthly analysis and explaining variances.
- Work with Supervisor and Lead Accountants on complex tasks and projects.- May function as a project leader on small to medium sized projects.
- Provide data and help resolve audit, litigation and acquisition and disposition issues and requests.
- Interact with other departmental personnel to improve departmental communication.
- Possess strong knowledge of revenue accounting and share that knowledge with others.
- Demonstrate initiative in seeking additional responsibility.
- Assist in developing and promoting sound recommendations that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Assist with process improvements ideas/implementations on bookings, accounts receivable, accruals and other daily/monthly functions.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.