Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Corrosion Engineering, Maintenance Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Market Rate Depending on Experience
Location: Carlsbad, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The corrosion technician will execute external, internal and atmospheric corrosion control practices to maintain the integrity of the pipeline. This is an extremely "hands-on" position requiring field work and the ability to support the field on an after-hours, on-call basis.
- Responsible for all facets of field executed corrosion duties
- Assists in the pre-construction design processes to mitigate foreseen corrosion problem areas
- Assist in creating and maintaining corrosion control records for company use as well as for regulatory use or compliance
- Mantain a strong commitment to safety and environmental policies
- Basic understanding of pipeline gathering systems and External and Internal maintenance practices
- Read and decipher alignment sheets, aerial imagery, and mapping
- Understand the principals of gas flow and hydraulics
- Familiar with current Federal and State DOT Pipeline regulations and the ability to stay updated with new policies
- Minimum NACE Level I Certified or 2 year technical associates degree or 3 years relevant work experience
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.