Senior Software Developer Employment Status
Full Time Contractor LOCATION
Houston, TX About This Job
We have an opening for a Senior Java Software Development Engineer. This role will utilize the latest web application development technologies, delivering value-add to the Business. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated software engineer with 8+ years of job experience in Java EE and Cassandra to develop new technology in the Oil and Gas industry following agile software development approach. This position requires strong design, programming and problem-solving skills. Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Leadership of development / project teams in an agile environment (SCRUM)
- Able to work unsupervised on complex software development projects. Ensure the best practice and design pattern is adapted and provide scalability secure solution.
Essential Qualifications / Requirements
- Development and maintenance of applications related to data acquisition, data processing and visualization
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of Web Application Development experience using Java Enterprise Edition. Prior experience of sprint boot micro service with Docker architecture. Experience with but not limited to Java Script, D3JS, JQuery, AngularJS.
- 5+ years of experience developing database-backed applications using NoSQL, SQL or equivalent Enterprise class database. Experience with but not limited to Cassandra database and servers like WebLogic and Apache Tomcat. MS-SQL and Oracle is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with Web Services development, REST, SOAP with Sprint boot.
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud technology such as AWS, familiar with setup, maintain, deploy, migration etc. full workflow.
- 2+ years of experience working with Internet protocols and concepts (IP, TCP, SSL / TLS, HTTP, DNS).
- 1+ years of experience with application build and deployment process, such as using Jenkins or TFS, MS Build.
- Profound knowledge of concepts and methods related to analysis, design and implementation in an object-oriented environment
- Practical experience in agile development, preferably SCRUM. A Scrum Master is a plus.
- English proficiency (spoken & written)
- Master in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is a plus
- Experience working with real-time data streaming, visualization and processing is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft technologies including .NET, C#, WCF, as well as source control systems such as TFS, Git and SVN.
- WITSML/ XML (markup languages in general)
- In-depth knowledge of architecture concepts for complex applications
- Expertise in Secure Software Design and Architecture
- Oilfield domain knowledge a plus.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.