Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The IAPS (Integrated Activity Planning & Scheduling) Upstream Operations Planning Lead is a key member of the QGC IAPS organisation supporting the IAPS Manager in discharging their responsibilities in support of the Asset Manager, Operations Managers, Operations leadership team and Functional Leads in prioritising and integrating activities in the Short, Medium and Long IAP time horizons to mitigate risks and identify opportunities for the optimal delivery of the Business Plan.
The role requires the integration, prioritisation and optimisation of activities carried out by functions on a facility to enable execution of work in order to maximise business value and mitigate risks to the asset by delivering:
- Goal Zero (Personal and Process Safety) by planning conflicting activities at different times to minimise personal safety exposure to tier 1 and 2 process safety events
- Top quartile availability by integrating activities that cause deferment and reduce facility downtime
- Maximising Upstream Production Efficiency (through minimised deferment)
- Cost competitiveness by optimising the use of critical and shared resources
- Environmental Stewardship / Regulatory Compliance
The plan outputs include deliverables such as a 2 year fully Integrated Activity Plans, Supply Chain demand profiles, Asset wide integrated Turnaround plans, and scenarios which play out the impact of various threats and opportunities.
Some of the key deliverables and accountabilities of this role are:
- Implementation of the QGC IAPS Improvement Plan and Process in accordance with the AMS.
- Set business plan targets, operational impacts/benefits of Functions and Asset activities and their priorities and use these as a basis for the Integrated Plan/ Schedule that is able to deliver the business plan
- Analyse and understand integrated plan trade off and their influence on upstream production and availability and make recommendations to the Asset Manager for execution
- Validate and agree planning assumptions by analysing previous plans' performance (previous plan and actuals of execution) to ensure credible plans
- Control entry in the planning tool (Primavera) with the right quality and per activity data standards and that activities are defined with increasing work scope detail and matured for each plan horizon (including production impacts, resource requirements, timing, and duration)
- Integrate Functional Plans into a QGC wide Integrated Activity plan, which is optimized and published in accordance with the IAPS process
- Own the Plan Change Control process and control any plan changes and their approvals
- Build clear linkages of the plan with all relevant Asset plans and business processes including Production Forecasting, Business Planning, Latest Estimate Forecasting, Turnaround, Maintenance Execution, Logistics and Materials Management, Well Delivery, Projects, etc.
- Drive the production and ultimate value focused optimisation of the integrated turnaround plan between QGC Upstream and Midstream accounting for forecasted Long/Short market positions
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have/be;
- Comprehensive experience working within Production Engineering Upstream Operations
- Held IAPS Process Ownership on a significantly complex asset
- Prior experience leading a planning team in an Operations environment
- Ability to draw links between Plan trade-offs and activities to probabilistic production outcomes
- Skills in driving embedment and sustainability of the Asset Management System (AMS) on IAPS.
- Ability to build scheduled deferment input to support the Business Planning & MT process, including sensitivities and variance analysis.
- Ability to personally demonstrate and maintain highest levels of Ethics & Compliance (E&C) in everything you do and always, translating this across the organization, and down to the frontline. Non-acceptance of E&C breaches must be total, visible and unshakable
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to lead and work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with and influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about diving our company's performance
If you have these skills and have the specialist competencies relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video