The Turnaround Manager leads the Mobile site's turnaround (TA) group and provides planning and execution activities for which safety, process safety, environmental, quality control, schedule, and budget are essential. This role will be the single point of contact for the planning and execution of all TAs at the Mobile Site and is a significant leadership role in the department.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The integration and coordination of all required disciplines and, through them, delivery of the full preparation and execution of an integrated TA event comprising of multiple process units in the same time window.
- Accountable to know what industry accepted "Best in Class" TA delivery looks like and driving towards that level of performance, including annualized cost, duration, and scoping.
- The development and delivery of the TA Milestone schedule, such that TA Milestones are set and met.
- Ensure that all scope is captured through GSAP - maintenance, projects, PEI driven activities and integrated into a single schedule, (including operations S/D, Decon. and S/U activities).
- Scope challenges are performed based on the Site and TA guidelines.
- Work closely/partners with the Site TA Manager to ensure that appropriate resources are dedicated to the planning and execution of the TA Events.
- The safety performance of all personnel on assigned events.
- Responsible for the development of premises for assigned TA and delivery of those premises working closely with the Site TA Steering Team, including TA duration, cost target and gap identification and closure plans. Ensures that the turnaround is planned and executed in compliance with safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Team Lead of the Site TA Steering Team.
- Development of all Investment proposals and all aspects of spend and financial closure for each TA Event. Lead the development of the budget/estimate preparation for the TA block/event.
- Incorporate best practices and learnings from previous events
- The development of detailed work packages and execution plan, reviews job estimate plans, bill of materials and work packages of TA planners/schedulers to ensure quality and completeness.
- Ensures that pre-turnaround work is completed on schedule.
- Ensures appropriate communications to site leadership and ME&S leadership.
- Coaches and motivates functional staff to ensure alignment and delivery of the turnaround event objectives.
- Coordinate various optimization efforts including TA Assurance reviews and Schedule optimizations.
- Ensures that all operational activities are incorporated/executed included consistent with Downstream TIA work process and appropriate "Flawless" concepts.
- Ensure multi-discipline integration and alignment of contractor and Shell organization.
- Ensures optimal control of safety, scope, cost, time and quality including taking corrective measures and removing obstacles (alignment, resource constraints, work processes) to ensure successful execution of the turnaround event. Accountable for controlling scope by consistent application of addenda process.
- Organizes and facilitates the TA Event Lookback, post investment review, and learning process, and incorporates best practices into future events and shares with broader organization.
- Teamwork: motivating, coaching and developing team members; actively using different competencies in the team to achieve results; communicating openly and respectfully; regularly giving and asking constructive feedback.
- Deliver results: ability to setup and maintain a high performing team, set challenging targets, organizing work effectively, overcome obstacles, align own work with customer/stakeholder needs, support others to achieve and implement sustainable solutions, focus on continuous improvement and waste elimination
- Ability to take decisions, clearly communicating own accountability, stimulating desired behavior and intervening where needed, complying with rules and procedures, identifying and driving improvement initiatives
- Ambition to work in a continuously improving organization.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Civil, Instrumentation, Electrical or Chemical Engineering is highly preferred
- 5+ years of field experience in Turnaround planning, estimating, scheduling, and execution in an O&G refinery or manufacturing site
- Experience in turnarounds, maintenance or field construction management, contracting and cost engineering
- Efficiency with MS Office software, Access Database, and knowledgeable of P6
- Must be an inspiring leader, passionate about HSSE and Quality with focus on construction and contractor safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to collaborate with a diverse range of people
- Proven organizational skills and strong personal drive in order to meet deadlines and specific targets
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video