Skills: Chemist, Environmental Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A once-in-a-career chance to use your considerable toxicology expertise to shape our products, inform our position and represent Shell, both within the business and to the wider industry.
What's the role?
There's so much more to this role than assessments and testing. You'll be our go-to expert for ecotoxicology and an advocate for best practice, sharing your knowledge with your team, the business and the wider industry. This includes:
- You'll be our champion for ecotoxicology, driving the development of safe and sustainable products and processes, and making sure we employ the best tools, methods and practices.
- You'll lead the delivery of complex, nonstandard ecotoxicology hazard assessments and risk assessments, ensuring toxicity testing is undertaken in accordance with Shell processes and procedures.
- You'll represent Shell in industrial and scientific forums and shared R&D, informing inter-industry standards and procedures.
- You'll be a mentor and coach to junior members of the Health Risk Science team as well as sharing your expertise with the wider business on anything to do with the ecological impact of our products and activities.
- You'll be our eyes and ears, keeping us aware of how new scientific developments and legislation will inform our products and shape our position and policies; you'll communicate changes to internal colleagues and trade associations.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
What we need from you
You're a recognised leader in ecotoxicology, with a significant range of experience spanning global chemicals regulations and working with internal and external networks, including regulators. We're looking for most - ideally all - of the following evidence of your expertise:
- An advanced degree (PhD preferred) in ecotoxicology, biology, toxicology, chemistry (or equivalent).
- Experience of delivering complex, non-standard ecotoxicology hazard and ecological risk assessments.
- Experience of taking a significant role in external advocacy.
- External recognition; a track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Clearly, you'll need the right personal skills to succeed. You're a strategic thinker, planner and worker - someone who can work independently to deliver results but also organise and engage with more junior staff or contractors. You've shown you can lead multidisciplinary teams, even without formal line management authority.
As a communicator, you've demonstrated you can develop and express your ideas and opinions concisely, whether in person or in writing paper, in English. If you're also a strong influencer, we'd really like to hear from you.
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2017.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video