This position is for a Wells HSSE Lead.
Expertise is required to support the development, maintenance and/or implantation of risk controls related to Operational, Personal and Process Safety in Wells (drilling and CWI).
We fully support the Shell Diversity and Inclusion standards and will ensure these are adhered to during the selection process. If in reading this Job Broadcast you find that whilst you may not explicitly satisfy all of the stated job criteria, yet you believe that you have something unique to offer to the role, we encourage you to apply.
- Implement and maintain key HSE programs and processes in compliance with the Shell HSE requirements and Global Wells Management System to support the Well Delivery process from planning to execution phase e.g. Risk Assessments, Interface documents, ER documents;
- Act as the Wells Process Safety Incident Focal Point;
- Ensure HEMP/ HSE case has been completed for high risk activities e.g. Drilling, fracking;
- Ensure a Bowtie audit protocol is developed and staff are assigned to appropriate critical barriers
- Provide HSSE input into all WE contracts and tender board submissions. Carry out HSSE Capability evaluation of potential contractors and support contract holders in HSE Contractor Management;
- Provide HSSE Support for Rig start ups and mobilization of contractors to site. Verify contractors HSE plans;
- Continually review Shell Group and Wells HSE standards to clarify and simplify requirements for frontline staff to comply with regulatory and corporate standards;
- Participate in wells planning activities, ensuring HSE risks are adequately controlled and HSE plan is discussed. Assist with HSE review and then monitoring the execution of high risk and unusually hazardous operations;
- Conduct regular structured site visits to operational locations, providing feedback to site through visit reports. Follow up with site on progress of actions raised. Provide support to areas requested to assist in improving HSE performance;
- Develop Wells HSE Plan and act as a custodian of the document. Facilitate regular review of the plan. Review quality and implementation of site based HSE Plans. Coach teams to improve effectiveness of plans through risk based approach and driving ownership of plan within team;
- Provide HSE expertise to operational teams on risk areas and facilitate HSE meetings with contractors to jointly develop HSE improvement opportunities e.g. Process Safety, Prevention of Dropped Objects, Temporary Pipework, Management of Change, Working at Height; Lifting & Hoisting , etc;
- Participate in medium/high risk contractor BPRs providing input on HSE performance;
- Participate and lead incident investigations, audits, self-assessments and health-checks. Support incident reporting in Fountain Incident Management Database, review incident investigations for quality of findings, participating in Incident Review Panels;
- Actively & timely share lessons learned from site visits, audits and investigation with Wells teams to help drive improvements, work with Incident owner to ensure alerts for HIPOs are developed and communicated to relevant stakeholders;
- Analyse HSE data & information and liaise with the extended HSE support team to identify issues & patterns, assisting the Wells community to develop & implement appropriate HSE improvement plans and new procedures/standards;
- Supervise, Coach and mentor HSE staff. Coach line staff on implementation of HSSE Management System and HSE Leadership behaviors;
- Champion and implement Assist and Assure program in partnership with Assist and Assure team;
- Auditing of Drilling Contractors Safety Management Systems, work procedures and worksite safety inspections;
- Provide HSE support and guidance during COMOP's, HAZOP's and HAZID's;
- Manage, challenge and support Asset Operations to deliver Goal Zero;
- Custodian of current Wells HSE Case,(for drilling and CWI and operational activities) including application of Bowtie based analysis and the HSE input to, and interface with, Asset Integrity and Process Safety management; and,
- Support the project plans for delivering In Country Value, ensuring Wells operations becomes and enabler for this priority.
A role in the Project Team will give exposure to the following:
- Working in an operating environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Working in an important, high risk and sanctioned environment;
- Extensive collaboration with Joint Venture partner PDO;
- Frequent travel within Oman between Muscat and Mabrouk; and,
- Build a network with other functional and operational colleagues in Shell Development Oman and PDO.
The position has direct reporting line to the Integrated Energy Projects HSSE Manager.
The position requires a range of skills and knowledge including but not limited to:
- Ability to coach and influence without formal authority or accountability. The incumbent will primarily be guiding / interacting with the most senior Wells person on the location but will also need to be able to effectively engage with all levels of Shell and Contractor staff;
- Ability to address situations where pressures to progress work are affecting the HSE aspects without causing undue tension either by resolving locally or by escalating to more senior levels of the HSE / Wells organization;
- Effective interpersonal, communications skills and ability to work in multicultural environment effectively and display cross cultural and religious sensitivity; and,
Shell in Oman has been a partner in the country's remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry, and creating value for the community that we have proudly been long part of.
Reaffirming our commitment to Oman, we are currently working on new exciting projects in the energy industry that leverage our global know-how, technology and innovation to deliver more and cleaner energy to support Oman's energy transition journey and its future.
If you are Omani and want to join a collaborative team committed to power Oman's progress into the future, please check out the following opportunities at Shell in Oman:
- 5 to 10 years experience in Wells Operational HSE role (or partially in other Operations HSE positions).
- Previous experience working in the Middle East.
- Good working knowledge of industry HSE requirements and managing contractor safety.
- Fully conversant with international legislation and related documents issued by HSE(UK) OGP, API, OHSA, ISO and other organizations who are involved in or influence the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience integrating safety requirements effectively into business processes and execution of standards in the field.
- Experienced in working in H2S Fields.
- Ability to understand the workforce within their social environment as well as in the structured workplace by developing interpersonal relationships, creating strong open relationships with good communications within the team.
- Provision of expert advice on operational HSE risk management (PTW, SIMOPS, H2S, Emergency Response, HSE critical activities and tasks, etc.) and development of associated HSE Procedures (if necessary with support of subject matter experts) and Work Instructions.
- Experience in delivering safety training, performing safety audits and supporting incident investigation. Trained Incident Investigator.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video