The Joint Venture Audit Analyst is responsible for delivery of joint venture audit planning, execution, analysis and support for incoming audits. The incumbent proactively participates in resolution of audit queries / exceptions arising from JV partners' audits. The JV Audit Analyst ensure that all audits are replied to, conducted consistently, and are in compliance with US and Canada policy and according to the respective Joint Operating Agreements and Production Handling contract(s) which govern the audit.
The analyst is expected to have flexibility to contribute to both Non-Operated Venture (NOV) and/or Shell Operated Venture (SOV) audits based on Shell portfolio and workload of the JV Assurance/Audit group.
The analyst also monitors emerging development and issues related to JV accounting and ensures that accepted auditing principles and standards are applied to JV audits and are in accordance with relevant audit protocols (COPAS, PASC, etc.).
Candidate is also expected to identify process improvement opportunities arising from audit exceptions and convey ideas to the JV Assurance Lead and works with various lines of business to drive ownership and action.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related subject
- Minimum three (3+) years' experience with strong commercial acumen and strong business partnering focus.
- Candidate must demonstrate the courage to influence and co-lead the business by bringing analytics and insights to the table, speaking up about risks and creating focus on value.
- Strong initiator of cross-business/function and/or external collaborative
efforts with bottom line focus.
- Proven track record of change management behaviors: e.g. building
relationships, influencing course of action, flexible thinking, yielding
creative solutions, commercial mindset, self-starter, courageous.
- Solid Upstream energy business/finance understanding with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant experience with deep knowledge of Joint Venture Agreements, Industry Guidelines and Standards, and industry and country specific practices with regards to cost recovery, cost allocation processes and other accounting issues.
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and credibly while demonstrating integrity with local and virtual teams in our offshore locations, JV auditors, external parties and other relevant stakeholders.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video