Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Sr. Technical Analyst is responsible for the administration and security of Shell Pipeline (SPLC) Control Center's SCADA system hardware, operating systems, and Process Control Domain (PCD). This position reports to the Control Center Technical Supervisor - Systems.
The Sr. Technical Analyst is a member of the SPLC Control Center Systems Team which is responsible for over 1100 servers, workstations, and associated ancillary equipment; spanning multiple PCD locations while supporting Shell Pipeline 24X7 Operations.
The Sr. Technical Analyst role requires working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems (OS), Active Directory (AD), group policy objects (GPO), OS patching, Citrix, virtual environments, PCD security, system hardening, backup solutions, antivirus, log and event management and asset management. Working knowledge with SCADA applications and Control center pipeline operations is highly recommended and a plus for this role.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer science, information technology, or equivalent work experience with certifications
- Minimum five (5+) years working knowledge in a pipeline operational environment; possesses operational and technical capacity interfacing control system hardware, OS and SCADA required. Control Center experience preferred
- 5 years systems administration experience with Windows based OS's; 2012 R2, 2016, W7 and W10 preferred.
- Experience in PCD secure environments, system security concepts and best practices, operating system hardening, system IT component hardening, and experience with system security assessments applying basic risk analysis techniques.
- Experience administering PCD IT component ancillary services; backup/restoration, OS patching, system monitoring, data mining log and events, AV endpoint, PCD IT component management applications, system hardware, and auxiliary applications.
- Working knowledge in configuring and maintaining AD, GPOs, fine grain password policy, domains, CAs, trusts, and Domain Name Services (DNS).
- Proficient with Windows interfaces, DataBase and command line tools, i.e. PowerShell, SQL, .NET
- Proficient in configuring and maintaining virtual hypervisors such as VMWare or equivalent.
- Ability to perform complete physical or Virtual builds; install/configure/setup/decommission.
- Must be able to communicate, schedule, test, deploy and maintain Windows OS Patches and backup solutions in a 24x7 environment with no disruption to SPLC CC operation.
- Working experience maintaining Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware and other similar applications is a plus.
- Certifications: MCSA, GICSP, CISSP, CCA-V, CCP-V, CCE-V, CCNA, is/are a plus.
- Control Center operations and SCADA experience is/are a plus.
- Network knowledge to assist in design and troubleshoot SCADA and ancillary systems a plus.
- Possess the ability to communicate professionally both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Required to provide after hours On-Call support - upon certification, the Sr. Technical Analyst will enter into a Level 1 rotation that identifies one individual to serve as the first-call focal point for all after-hour CC technical issues. After hours include off-hours, weekends, and holidays. The On-Call staff member will provide basic troubleshooting support and, as necessary, involve a team subject matter expert (SME) to reach problem resolution. The Sr Technical Analyst will also enter a Level 2 on call rotation as a SME representing the Systems Team.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video