Location: Roma, Queensland, Australia
To support our Wireline operations in Australasia, we are currently looking for an Experienced Wireline Crew Chief Operator.
Wireline operator assists and supports Wireline Field Engineers / Specialists in delivering specific services to our clients. Under moderate supervision, the Wireline operator will perform such duties as required in the servicing of oil and gas wells and the maintenance and repair of service unit and tools. Having satisfactorily completed all the training requirements for Crew Chief Operator, the Crew Chief Operator will broaden experience on well sites and primary tool maintenance. This may include but is not limited to the following functions:
- Operates, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; "zeros" tools and monitors tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understands depth control and weight indicator systems; uses all winch cable safety controls
- Prepares well for service operations, aligns logging unit, installs sheave wheel, threads cable, and connects multiple tools as required
- To select, load and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job
- To assist the Engineer in maintenance checks of tools and equipment in the Cell and performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Participates in inspecting, maintaining and repairing primary tools, service units, and associated equipment according to the RITE program
- To service, maintain, and assist in marking cables
- To build bridles and heads
- Identifies the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district
- To coach & train young operator & trainee operator for their task
- Attends and participates in safety meetings as required
- Keeps and maintains time sheets, and dangerous goods forms current and accurate
- Keeps up to date certification requirements
- Performs tool TRIM
- Calibrates tools as required
- Reside in Roma, QLD or Australia and have the full right to live and work in Australia including offshore
- No travel restrictions and open to relocation in Australia based on company’s requirement
- Have completed a high school education
- Must have minimum 10 years Wireline field operator offshore and land experience and minimum 10 years Wireline field crew chief offshore and land experience
- Experience working on barges, semi submersibles, platforms, jackups, floaters and land rigs
- Proficient in maintenance, servicing, mob/ demob units: MSLC, OSU, OSLC and Generator
- Understand and ability to use RITE system
- Understand basic use of Volt/ Ampmeters
- High expertise in running Wireline logging services in open hole, cased hole, sampling and formation testing, corrosion and cement logs, production, analysis behind casing logs, fishing operations, pipe recovery, perforation, slickline operations, deep water, HTHP, etc
- High expertise in services: Nuclear, Resistivity, Images, Sonic, MDT, MSCT, Seismic, Well Integrity, Orienting tools, TLC, Tractor, Gyro, etc
- Have valid 10K Pressure certification
- Have valid QLD and SA radiation certification
- Have valid QLD and SA explosive certification
- Have valid DGSC and DG certification
- Have valid open class unrestricted HC/ MC driver’s licence
- Have valid forklift licence
- Have valid BOSIET, MSIC, CSTP and OGUK medical certificates
- Ability to maintain, prepare and dispatch of equipment
- Ability to maintain high quality of service delivery at the wellsite, in terms of safety, quality and efficiency of operation
- Ability to run required services, supervise operations and managing people, interact with clients and other related parties
- Good personnel skills, excellent in communication, highly self-motivated, competent computer skills
- Can work in a high-pressure, learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Must be a team player, able to get along with individuals from other groups in the organization, and a good communicator
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills essential
- Available to start as soon as possible
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply.
Salary: The salary package will comprise of a base salary in the range of AUD 80,000 -100,000/ year plus rig daily allowance. Application: Please apply via this advertisement and upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience.
Application is open from 27-August-2018 until 25-September-2018. Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.