Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
FIELD ENGINEER II
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Quality and Safety
- Must be aware and up to date with the ISO9001 QMS implementation in the company.
- To attend and participate in departmental quality and safety meetings.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the department QMS.
- Participate / investigate the non-conformities identified while performing duty assigned.
- Participate in review / improvement of department QA documentations (i.e. forms, procedures, chart etc) and if necessary revise and implement upon approval of supervisor.
- Establish / Review safety risk assessments of department activities
- Respect and protect company and client confidentiality at all times.
Offshore / Onshore sampling activities
- Available to go offshore / onshore both in local and international assignment as required.
- Keep track and initiate updating of own security pass, government and client permits, medical records, transportation permits etc.
- To receive required client trainings (i.e. H2S, BOSIET, PTW, etc)
- To receive training in several of the analytical services carried out in the field i.e. PVT Sampling, Water Analysis, Oil Analysis, Gas Analysis, and Compositional Gas Analysis.
- Perform services at the well site under minimum supervision according to Task orders, documented work instructions and company procedures.
- Liaise with client to ensure clear understanding of the work to be performed at site.
- To fully complete all worksheets, data forms, technical and administrative records, calibration and maintenance documentation, time sheets and service documents legibly, and to distribute or file these in the appropriate location.
- Responsible in arranging shipment or logistics coordination from sampling location back to core lab base. (i.e. equipment, cylinders, lab cabin, basket etc.)
- To perform other duties as and when required.
While in the Laboratory / Prior to field mobilization
- Generate and submit draft and final reports and service ticket in a timely manner and pass on to supervisor for final approval.
- To prepare, maintain and pack equipment, tool box, PPEs for mobilization to be used in field activities.
- Issue cylinder request to sample management group as per task order requirement.
- Coordinate and arrange documents with client in relation to Permit To Work (PTW), gate pass or other requirements set forth by client or government (i.e. CNIA).Arrange and coordinate shipment of equipment and cylinders for mobilization to freight officer.
- Monitor equipment for calibration. Arrange calibration internally or if necessary arrange external calibration using approved third party vendors.
- Monitor, order and maintain optimum level of consumable inventory used in wellsite sampling.
- Assist Sample and cylinder management technician in cylinder preparation and sample management when necessary.
Degree or equivalent in a science related discipline (i.e. chemistry preferable)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIESExcellent
- written and verbal English communication skills
- Technically competed in a least 50% of all aspects of field services
- Excellent organizational skills.Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Valid Driver's License
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.