Skills: MWD / LWD
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Youngsville, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The M/ LWD Field Specialist employs a comprehensive range of advanced technologies, services, products, and equipment at the wellsite to deliver high quality logging and measurement services to customers. At different stages of the well construction, these are used for applications such as enhancing well placement and drilling operations, acquiring measurements and data for formation evaluation and drilling optimization, and isolating specific zones penetrated by the borehole. Service quality, job preparation and planning, and safety are key priorities.
This position reports directly to a D&M Service Delivery Manager and, at the wellsite, to a Cell Manager.
- Manages, trains, and develops less senior Field Operators/ Specialists and Trainees at the wellsite.
- Performs pre-job planning and mobilization.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships.
- During job, maintains good communication with the customer’s wellsite representative, the rig crew, and the company’s field support staff.
- Ensures customer deliverables are delivered on time and meet customer and company standards; assumes full responsibility for service quality.
- Provides answers and solutions to customer questions, requests, or problems.
- Manages inventory and supplies required at the wellsite.
- Participates in knowledge-sharing.
- Ensures all company reporting requirements are fulfilled and on schedule.
- Follows up on failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with customers.
- Ensures postjob reviews are conducted with Field Service Managers and cell members.
- Performs nuclear tool calibrations and wipe tests as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 or 3 years’ associate degree from technical college or bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science
- A minimum of 2+ years’ relevant M/ LWD field experience
- Previous experience logging horizontal wells using MWD directional systems and LWD logging tools
- Proficiency in Gamma Ray, Resistivity, Density, Neutron Porosity, Sonic and Formation Pressure measurements
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.