Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Youngsville, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Directional Driller is involved in the planning, execution, and management of all phases of any directional drilling job to assist in delivering services that meet or exceed client expectations. Mobility for commuting is required for this position.
Successful Directional Drillers are relentless, versatile learners and adapt easily to new situations. They have the ability to use logic to solve problems and are personally committed to continuous improvement. Their work style is to pursue everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Provide technical support to clients and crew members at the wellsite.
- Project the well path to predetermined target coordinates.
- Keep abreast of all directional drilling techniques and all surveying methods.
- Develop expertise on advanced well planning techniques.
- Prepare and deliver end-of-well reports and client's final product delivery report.
- Manage inventory and supplies.
- Maintain communication with client wellsite representative, rig crew, and field support staff.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Follow up on service quality events and ensure incident reports are closed with clients.
- Ensure all work is performed according to safety standards.
- Train, coach, and mentor less experienced directional drillers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 or 3 years’ associate degree from technical college, or bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in oil and gas field as a Directional Driller.
- Deepwater Conductor Jetting Experience
- Gulf of Mexico experience
- Reamer and hole-opener experience
- Experience as a Directional Driller on horizontal, 3D, J-Type and S-Type wells and use of MWD/ LWD systems/ tools.
- Experience in Rotary Steerable Systems (RSS) and Mud Motors.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art drilling and surveying technologies and practices.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.