At Schlumberger-Doll Research (SDR), Cambridge MA, the robotics department is developing cutting-edge technology for the automation of oil and gas applications. Our mission is to enable robots for operating robustly in unstructured environments such that we deliver disruptive differentiation to Schlumberger and its customers in functions spanning manufacturing, maintenance and field operations. We are looking for motivated roboticists with strong software skills to join a talented multidisciplinary team working on solving stimulating problems.
The successful candidate will closely collaborate with research and engineering teams to design, develop, simulate and test research prototypes in real-world oilfield environments. Taking advantage of the vibrant Boston robotic cluster, he/she will participate in strategic engagements with academic research institutions and industry partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD or MS with 3-5 years of industry experience in Computer Science or applicable robotics engineering discipline
- Proficient with C, C++, Python programming and development
- Strong software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design
- Experience with Robotics programming environments and systems
- Experience with industrial and collaborative robots is a plus
- Deep theoretical foundation in artificial intelligence applicable to robotic systems
- High-quality research and technical publications
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to operate outside his/her area of expertise to solve challenging problems
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US
Schlumberger is the world’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Employing more than 105,000 people representing over 140 nationalities and working in approximately 85 countries, Schlumberger provides the industry’s widest range of products and services from exploration through production. Schlumberger has always invested significant time and money on R&E as a long-term strategy to support and grow its technology leadership. Schlumberger invests more each year in R&E than all other oilfield services companies combined.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.