Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil is seeking a Network Specialist to work on the Network Operations team. This team is responsible for the day to day management of all network and voice functions.
Demonstrated Experience with the following:
- Experience in design and implementation of Cisco Unified Communications products such as Call Manager, with emphasis on UCCX, Contact Center & Unity.
- Experience with Field Networking technologies and designs that encompass Satellite, Microwave and LTE.
- Experience working with SCADA, PCN, or DCS Networks
- Oversees the design of complex networks and assumes the technical lead for multiple, concurrent network projects.
- Demonstrates specialized network design for remote locations and data center expertise.
- Performs complex technical and analytical investigations for optimal network capacity, availability, and performance.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction for advanced network connectivity and vendor code releases.
- Serves as an escalation point and provides expert technical expertise and diagnosis in resolving the most complex network problems.
- Extensive experience and deep knowledge of Field Networks
- Experience with Enterprise WANs using carrier MPLS services.
- Ability to design and implement complex, large-scale network projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex network operation and performance issues.
- Specific technical knowledge and experience with the following products:
- Network management and monitoring tools (Solar Winds)
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
- Cisco ISR and ASR routers
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Wireless Access Points
- Cisco Identity Services Engine
- F5 Load Balancers
- Riverbed WAN Optimizers
- Cisco Unified Communications products
- Specific technical knowledge and experience with the following technologies:
- Routing - BGP, OSPF, NHRP
- Switching - VLANs, rapid-PVST+, VPC
- Security -- DMVPN, VRF lite, IPSec tunnels
- LTE including Cradle Point, Sierra Wireless, and Cisco Systems Technologies
- Maintain documentation related to network activities/process
Soft Skill Set:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Easily pick up new ideas and concepts when resolving issues in the workplace.
- Proactive approach to problems while assuring technical accuracy and detail.
- Dependable and very committed to tasks at hand.
- High degree of judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent presentation skills and Exceptional follow-up skills.
- Capable of overseeing and managing multiple projects.
- Bachelor-s degree in IT related field or relevant hands-on experience of 7 years
- CCNA/CCNP Route/Switch certification or equivalent knowledge
- At least five (5) years performing duties similar to those listed in the Overview section above
- Experience working in an oil and gas setting
- Effectively work in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to direct resources across multiple disciplines.
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Committed to maintaining accurate and complete written documentation
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.