Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston , Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Professional, timely, cost-effective and practical legal advice and support to Shell's marketing businesses in the US: Fuels Sales and Marketing (Retail) and Lubricants.
Retail and Lubricants are key contributors to Shell's Downstream business. There are over 14,000 Shell branded stations operating in the US. The Lubricants business markets Pennzoil, Quaker State, Rotella engine oils through a variety of channels.
This position is expected to coordinate and collaborate with Shell legal staff, as well as other subject matter legal experts, and work across business lines as needs and priorities may require from time to time.
- Draft, analyze, and ensure that contracts and other documents reflect commercial decisions, legal obligations and risk mitigation strategies undertaken by the business.
- Identify legal risks, sensitivities, potential problems and proposing constructive, realistic solutions to the business.
- Provide legal advice and support on business regulatory matters, including applicable federal and state laws and regulations governing a variety of customer relationships.
- Provide legal advice and support for dispute resolution and pre-litigation strategy and planning.
- Provide legal advice and support on policy and programmatic activities.
- Conduct legal awareness training as needed and requested from time to time.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- JD from an accredited law school required.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience as a Licensed Attorney in good standing in Texas or another state in the United States (or can become immediately eligible to be admitted to the State Bar of Texas).
- Ability to draft with appropriate understanding and interpretation of the commercial intentions.
- Ability to deal with a high workload, including working on several issues in parallel.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with clients at all levels and in a range of cultures.
- Ability to understand and take account of business drivers and needs.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong academic background and a commercial, problem solving mindset.
- Commercial and creative thinking.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience with sales contracts and consumer legal issues (such as data privacy) a plus.
- Some ability in written and spoken Spanish is also a plus.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video