Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Laredo, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
An E&P company, with vertically integrated services, is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Rig Operations. Reporting to this position are the Rig Superintendent(s) and the Drilling Rig Service team(s). Company desires candidate(s) who is(are) above all, safety centric with respect to the management of Rig operations and who seek to engage in continuous improvement of planning, preparation and performance on behalf of the Company and the teams for whom they will represent and be responsible to.
- Manages Drilling Rig Superintendent, daily rig operations/repairs, and Rig Service team.
- Leads compliance effort of Company's Standard Operating Procedures
- Continuously promotes a Safe Work environment
- Works hand in hand with Safety Team to enhance rig-site safety and safety culture.
- Conducts rig safety audits.
- Conducts rig equipment audits.
- Establish yearly goals and objectives for rig crews and rig service team.
- Prepare and defend yearly rig budgets.
- Monitor and review monthly P&L reports.
- Monitor and approve supply orders, equipment repairs and invoices.
- Review daily reports from Rig Managers and Rig Service team lead.
- Ensure inventory is turned routinely and critical spares are ready to deploy.
- Constantly looks for opportunities to reduce down time and improve the rigs' performance.
- Utilizes growing data base of equipment repairs to proactively replace components before failure.
- Provide recommendations and input related to personnel recruiting, hiring, transfer, promotions and terminations.
- Ensure company recruitment and disciplinary guidance protocol is adhered to.
- Ensures meaningful annual performance evaluations are completed.
- Provide reports including KPI, variance and operating budget.
- Ensure current PM program is effective and carried out and modify as required to reduce down time.
- Drive continuous improvement culture be assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall operation, initiating performance improvements, sharing and adopting company's best practices and lessons learned.
Qualification Profile: Education and Work Experience:
- High school degree (University degree preferred). Work experience and demonstrated ability or oral and written communication may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum 10 years as Tool Pusher/Rig Manager
- Minimum 5 years as Superintendent or Operations Manager
- Strong leadership skills essential
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Strong communicative skills - Great ability to effectively convey thoughts and objectives both verbally and in written formats
- Highly capable as to interpersonal relationship and team building with respect to customers, peers and subordinates
- Innate integrity – actions match words
- Leads by example
- Excellent ability to manage own time and time of subordinates
- Espouses accountability through delegation to subordinates and enforcement of standards