Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
To formulate, advise and assist the Shell Companies in all aspects of Thailand Indirect Tax matters that have an impact on the businesses and operations
- Formulate and implement indirect tax strategies, initiatives, guidelines, controls and procedures for tax, finance and business staff to ensure Shell conducts business efficiently, in line with Thai indirect tax laws and practices, and in accordance with both Shell Group Business Principles and Shell Group Tax Policies
- Manage the provision of quality and timely indirect tax advice for all major Thai business transactions and projects, making recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the business objectives, while balancing between maximising opportunities and minimising exposures
- Ensure effective management, support and implementation of any new / changes in indirect tax legislation in Thailand, including the provision of pro-active advice and information to business, project teams and other key stakeholders, as well as supporting the design, enhancement and testing of appropriate systems and processes based on standard global Shell practices
- Monitor, enhance, review and ensure effective controls over Thai indirect tax matters
- Ensure establishment of clear accountabilities for Thai indirect tax compliance and other processes that are performed outside the Tax Function (e.g. FO organisation)
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of indirect tax returns (including any other related information, schedules etc. as required or requested by the relevant authorities) that are under the control of the Managed Indirect Tax Function and/or the business
- Ensure that all Thailand indirect tax exposures with an impact on Group Tax reporting are properly reviewed, monitored, reported and managed
- Provide support to the other indirect tax teams in the Region as and when requested
- Monitor and influence legislative developments in Thailand which have a direct tax impact on Shell Companies in Thailand
- Represent Shell effectively at Government Departments and within industry and professional organisations concerning indirect tax matters in lobbying and shaping legislative and tax policy changes
- Manage the relationships with the relevant Thai tax and customs authorities
- Ensure effective management of all indirect tax queries, audits, challenges, disputes, risk reviews and other interactions with the respective Thai tax and customs authorities
- Stimulate and develop indirect tax awareness and training to the businesses and functions via indirect tax presentations, seminars, indirect tax alertness programme and round table discussions to enable business to recognise and consider the effects of indirect tax laws in their business decisions
- Total proceeds - USD 4.950m
- Scope of taxes: VAT, Excise, Duty, OFF, ECF, WHT
- Number of Shell legal entities in TH - 10
- Complexity index ( Excise Duty) - High
Shell's presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand.
The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand
For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country's developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
- Extensive knowledge of Thailand indirect tax law and practice
- Able to undertake role effectively with only a limited need for supervision.
- Recognised professional qualification and member of a recognised accounting or other relevant professional body.
- Highly effective team player.
- Effective communicator of complex indirect tax issues both verbally and in writing (Thai and English).
- Good understanding of the RDS corporate structure and governance processes.
- Effective task prioritisation skills.
- Ability to evaluate indirect tax risks, balance risks with business objectives, and propose decisions that are objective, practical, technically sound and supportive of the business.
- Good negotiation skills and effective at influencing others within and outside of Shell Tax.
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressurised situations.
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions.
- Effective at helping to manage the relationship with the fiscal authority for the benefit of Shell.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video