Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Muscat, Muscat Governorate, Oman
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is participating in the large integrated project that will potentially bring us to the next major phase of growing Oman as one of our key heartlands for the future. This project is being led by Shell, with participation from Total, OOCEP and support from PDO. A new Shell-owned operating entity is being set up for the purpose of managing these operations.
This position is for a project role in the Joint Project Team as HSSE Logistics Lead, Pink Project who (if successful in the subsequent development phase of this project) will work with the deal team and UPN on the transition to the eventual operational organization. The aim is to support the early Upstream exploration and development phase of the project all the way to production phase (end 2019), to the eventual operationalization of the full production (2020) and feed to the proposed GTL plant to be constructed (from 2021 onwards).
The working will be in Muscat & Mabrouk which is about a 4-hours drive from Muscat
Expertise is require to manage HSSE logistics risks and develop plans and procedures to support HSSE risk management. The Logistics HSSE Lead shall provide HSSE support to the logistics and site teams (Venture & Projects). In addition to day to day support, the Logistics HSSE Lead is reuired to provide risk assessment, planning, coordination, contractor management and transport related incident investigation support for the operation including the following:
- Works with the Logistics Lead to develop the Logistics HSSE Plan from the Corporate HSSE Plan including site specific actions;
- Delivers technical HSSE support to the logistics team in identifying hazards and risks, assessing impacts and working with the team to establish effective controls;
- Verifies that Logistics HSSE strategies, systems, policies, standards and tools are in place and functioning in the field, including regular inspections of work site vehicles as required;
- Develops and promotes implementation of best practice and key learnings from incidents throughout the region;
- Engages with partners to positively influence Logistics HSSE standards and performance;
- Provides advice to the Site HSSE leads, Operations Managers and Logistics department on logistics HSSE hazard mitigation;
- Guide contractors on logistics HSSE management to meet company HSSE expectations;
- Work with the HSSE team on quality reviews of contractor Road Transportation Safety, Lifting and Hoisting Safety etc;
- Assist contract holders in the transport contractor selection and management process; and,
- Provide support for transport related incident investigations.
We fully support the Group Diversity and Inclusion standards and will ensure these are adhered to during the selection process. If in reading this Job Broadcast you find that whilst you may not explicitly satisfy all of the stated job criteria, yet you believe that you have something unique to offer to the role, we encourage you to apply.
- Be a key member of the Joint Project Team team reporting to HSSE Manager (hiring manager);
- Assist in establishing baseline conditions for logistics and provide technical support to the Operations team;
- Coordinate logistics HSSE activities in preparation for the future logistics operations of the Pink Project;
- Developing Logistics HSSE strategies and requirements for implementation in operation and projects;
- Development of a journey management strategy with Logistics team;
- Development and implementation of Logistics data systems, e.g. IVMS, JM;
- Delivering HSSE input to Logistics, Infrastructure and Resources Assessment (LIRA);
- Support monitoring the logistical activities/requirements and performance metrics, periodically reporting the status and performance;
- Supporting HAZIDs, Audits and Reviews in support of the assurance processes; and,
- Support the project plans for delivering In Counrty Value, ensuring logistics becomes an enabler for this priority.
The Sultanate of Oman is an important upstream heartland for Shell, in which we have been present for over half a century. We have had a long presence in this region through our Petroleum Development Oman and Oman LNG joint ventures, and this new development will significantly strengthen our presence and operations in this important region. A role in the Joint Project Team will give exposure to the following:
- Working in a operating environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Working in an important, high risk and sanctioned environment;
- Extensive collaboration with Joint Venture partner PDO;
- Be part of a Joint Project Team setting up of a Operating Venture for lifecycle value;
- Frequent travel within Oman between Muscat, Mabrouk, and/or Duqm; and,
- Build a network with other functional and operational colleagues in SDO and PDO.
Shell began operations in Oman in 1958. The Shell Oman Marketing Company's downstream activities lie in fuel and lubricants marketing. We believe that our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career progress and learning is our key to become the world's most innovative energy company. Our industry-leading development career programme attracts world-class graduates and experienced hires alike. We will make sure that your ideas will travel on a local and global level. Shell Oman is involved in research, learning & development and managing and executing extensive social investment programmes that contribute to the sustainable development of Oman. The Shell Development Oman Office represents the interests of Shell in Oman, including joint ventures such as Petroleum Development Oman, Shell Oman Marketing and Oman Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG).
- Experienced professional with a background in HSE and logistics operations;
- 5 to 10 years of industry experience;
- Middle East experience would be an advantage;
- Fluent English, ability to speak Arabic ;
- NOV and/or JV working experience in a complex and challenging (business) environment is preferred;
- Contractor management skills and experience;
- Proven focus on HSSE performance management; and,
- Resilient self-starter able to set and deliver against priorities.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video