Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Corrosion Engineering
Other Skills: Integrity Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be Discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
The Senior Integrity Engineer has responsibility over corrosion, materials and welding technology in direct support of the execution of Perenco UK's Technical Integrity Management Strategy (TIMS) across its onshore and offshore asset.
This position has specific responsibility for corrosion modelling, monitoring and inhibition regimes in support of the corrosion assessments and management for onshore and offshore pipelines, wells, fixed equipment and structures. In addition, this role is the main focal point for corrosion, welding and materials selection support and failure analysis and has the key goal of ensuring Perenco UK's assets remain suitable for service until the projected end of field life dates.
Working hours are Monday to Friday. Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore periodically.
~~ Key accountabilities include:
• Responsible for the development, review and maintenance of PUK's corrosion integrity maintenance and mitigation systems for onshore & offshore pipelines, wells, fixed equipment and structures and the associated control strategies. To include, but not limited to, corrosion management strategy, process erosion control, cathodic protection (CP) strategies, corrosion inhibition strategies, sampling requirements, monitoring, assessment
• Responsible for maintaining pipeline corrosion models in accordance with Pipeline Integrity Management System, owning 6 monthly management tactical review meetings on inhibition and asset wide corrosion/erosion risks (formerly pipeline inhibition management meeting, which will now also include the erosion forum meeting).
• Provide specialist corrosion, erosion, materials and welding engineering support to the Integrity Engineer's review of inspection reports, written scheme of examination updates, repair order preparation, specification of fabric maintenance activities, emergent issues, etc.
• Attend and provide advice to regular Integrity Team Repair Order review meetings for Pipelines, Pressure Systems & Structures.
• Develop and maintain corrosion management tools within PUK's electronic integrity database (TiM).
• Develop, maintain and publish a quarterly corrosion control report, including appropriate KPI's.
• Regulatory - undertake HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual integrity summaries for pipeline, structures and fixed equipment including 3rd party activities, providing an overall fitness for service statement.
• Provide advice to the continual development of risk based inspection and maintenance strategies, including inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, safety reviews to data acquisition monitoring to assist Integrity & Well Operations Engineers.
• Initiate, manage and review external studies and surveys by specialist contractors.
• Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors.
• Act as control authority in the Management of Change process (PMP/eMOC) providing technical assurance to modifications. Deliverables - safe completion of projects and modifications
• Support offshore and Terminals in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
• Act as Perenco Operations representative in the Bacton Interplant Forum of Cathodic Protection, attend scheduled meetings, and execute joint strategies where Perenco involvement is required; keep wider PUK informed.
• Carry out failure investigation and defect assessment by way of metallurgical analysis for plant and equipment failures typically involving corrosion, erosion, vibration, impact, stress and welding/manufacturing defect failure modes, etc, where necessary.
• Fulfil the role of team member within the Pressure Systems "Competent Body" (RBI Team) to meet the expectations of onshore PSSR & COMAH Scheme for onshore Terminals, offshore assets and the expectations within IPPPS. Attend regular review meetings and provide corrosion engineering support and guidance.
• Provide specialist ad-hoc support to wider PUK teams including Projects, and on occasions, wider Perenco business.
~~ Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
2018 SNS Integrity Engineer - Recognition of Defects & Anomalies - General
Ability to identify integrity threats to allow appropriate inspection and management strategies to be implemented to manage any anticipated defects that could occur and also to enable immediate communication of significant findings.
2018 SNS Management of Change - Technical Reviewer
Review Management of Change (MOC) proposals via the eMOC system, address technical queries, ensure compliance with technical standards within the Process discipline and provide access to specialist engineering advice.
2018 SNS Senior Integrity Engineer - Corrosion & Materials Specialist
Ability to identify integrity threats to allow appropriate inspection and repair plans to be developed to manage any anticipated defects that could occur within all Integrity discipline.
Corrosion and Materials Senior Integrity Engineer also needs to demonstrate competence in other areas such as material selection for new-builds and repairs, coatings, weld engineering, process engineering, production chemistry and monitoring.
• A recognised chemical, mechanical, corrosion or metallurgy degree and chartered status (or working toward). This is a minimum requirement.
• At least 6 years relevant experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry, with 3 years relevant experience in onshore/offshore oil & gas. Ideally in a corrosion / materials management and mitigation environment. Relevant experience could include plant and equipment design, integrity and performance analysis and experience of managing corrosion control and mitigation systems.
• With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision