My client is looking for an Offshore Structural Engineer, on a 12 months renewable contract to be- based in the Netherlands - Den Helder.
• Receiving information regarding current and new projects from the Lead Maintenance and/or Maintenance and Integrity Manager.
• Developing and elaborating ideas regarding the approach and execution in design and outsourcing engineering works in consultation with supervisor and/or client
• Drawing up schedules and budgeting.
• Studying and discussing the programme of requirements and third-party specifications, based on structural requirements and legislation and regulation.
• Making calculations and analyses (including on strength), or having them made, regarding platforms, foundations, bearing capacity, etc.; specifying the requirements.
• Supervising outsourced (engineering) work, identifying deviations and anomalies and finding solutions.
• Evaluating drawings, specifications, calculations and procedures related to docks for the purposes of load-out and sea fastening for transportations. Advising on improvements thereto.
• Ensuring the flow of information to the installation contractor; supplying and explaining the data.
• Evaluating the installation contractor's drawings, specifications, calculations and procedures to ensure they meet the requirements set and safety needs
• Explaining drawings, specifications, calculations and procedures to the warranty surveyor; answering queries. Ensuring the warranty surveyor can approve installation works
• Maintaining oversight of the offshore installation works at platforms/constructions. Flagging up any discrepancies/anomalies; finding a solution
• Ensuring the certification by government bodies of platforms or constructions installed
• Evaluating the proposed changes in construction terms; indicating any amendments that are needed
• Advising the supervisor and the user organisation regarding new developments (and how to apply such)
• Following developments in the area of offshore platforms and constructions
• Analysing inspection reports, determining required actions and ensuring prompt follow-up
• Ensuring the recertification of existing platforms and constructions
• Evaluating the necessary modifications to platforms and constructions and giving notice of such; ensuring a structural solution. Evaluating the result of adaptations carried out, to ensure that they meet the aims set
• Analysing the process-technical prerequisites of new projects
• Evaluating the conceptual design for feasibility and achievability and its degree of satisfaction of legislation and regulations
• Relevant BSc degree (mechanical and/or civil engineering)
• Offshore experience
• Typically a minimum of 5 year experience from a relevant field/ disciplines
• Requires deep knowledge of the specialist area, the E&P business and Oil & Gas industry.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!