- Provide the engineering planning, design, surveillance, and follow-up required for the safe and efficient drilling and completing of drilling programs.
- Ensure well objectives are met while assuring the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety, and environmental protection are applied.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the engineering planning, design, surveillance, and follow-up required for the safe and efficient drilling and completing of drilling programs; responsibilities include:
- Research and understand drillwell hazards by reviewing historical offset well information
- Utilize wellbore geologic and reservoir objectives to develop a well plan
- Prepare cost estimates for well design options
- Identify and organize equipment required to execute the drillwell plan inclusive of material selection
- Design wells to meet regulatory requirements
- Prepare and analyze technical bids for goods and services
- Provide rig site drilling and completion surveillance and engineering assessments of critical activities
- Provide surveillance and technical assistance for projects, equipment testing and new procedures
- Interface with and solicit input from operations personnel to ensure well plans are feasible
- Work closely with other functions, such as geology, reservoir and projects, to ensure that the program is based on all available information and meets well objectives
- Depending on the program, deepwater experience may be required (knowledge of subsea systems, riser analysis, subsea well control systems, etc.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum B.S. degree in engineering or related technical field
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience with well planning and execution
- A minimum of 10 years experience is required for international assignments
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience requirements must be in deepwater drilling operations if filling a deepwater drilling engineering position
- Able to effectively organize and communicate thoughts
- Experience with well design software as well as Microsoft applications
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.