Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Commissioning Laboratory Specialist, CLP
Reference: PIR 369805760
Date of issue: 17/08/2018
Reports to: Commissioning Manager
Job Location: Aswan, Egypt
Job type/Contract: Temporary, starts 15th of September 2018 - ends 28th of February 2019
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 91 days on site and 15 days off (+2 days travelling paid)
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
Full board and accommodation on site
Travel to home country in economy class
Job summary/Role description
CLS executes the activities pertaining to his discipline in compliance with the quality requirements, health/environmental/safety regulations and following the stated procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the construction supervisor in the installation of laboratory rooms, benches and all analytical equipment's;
- To organize and manage the operations in field of the assigned team from the Sub Contractor by controlling their job and the implementation of Plant Safety procedures in case of emergency;
- Suggest to the Commissioning Manager the needs for mobilization of Vendors specialists;
- Supervise the works of vendors' specialists and ensure their efficient utilization;
- To field check the DAC and prepare relevant Commissioning punch list, following the CME instructions;
- Perform the checks on laboratory equipment and submit certificates to certification engineer;
- During Cold Run, Start-up and Performance Test assist the Client/Licensor in ensuring the quality control of Raw Materials and plant production in accordance with the analytical methods and plan stated in the operation manual;
- To coordinate the vendors' specialist training to the client laboratory personnel;
- To keep record of analytical results on appropriate forms, to be signed off and delivered to the commissioning manager during Cold Run, Start-up and Performance Test;
- To check the availability of laboratory reagents and carrier gas and asking for the purchasing in case of need.
Knowledge & Qualifications
Suitable University Degree.
Significant experience on a similar position on EPC Oil & Gas projects;
Previous experience as a Laboratory Specialist;
Chemical experience within ammonia and urea plant.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent IT and analytical skills;
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
ONLY SPONTANEOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.