Skills: HR - General
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Industrial Relations Advisor I (HR Compensation Analyst)
Location: Houston, TX (Downtown)
Duration: Estimated at 12 months
Client: A leader in Oil and Gas hydrocarbons exploration, production, refining, distribution, and marketing.
- Writes or provides editorial writing to current or existing job descriptions and conducts a thorough job analysis to include a formal evaluation and placement recommendation on a company-wide level in an effort to better align job descriptions to the actual duties performed by employees across the organization
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews job descriptions company-wide, providing expertise in the writing and editing of job descriptions, and the evaluation and placement while keeping in compliance with the company's Job Evaluation Plan
- Assists in the development of a well thought out strategic plan, and reviews current process & procedures, recommending improvement where necessary
- Assists in the assignment of proper job codes, correcting existing errors if necessary
- Assists in recommending potential improvements to organization design, job design, job evaluation, and salary administration
- May serve as a liaison between Client functions as it pertains to the review and endorsement of certain job descriptions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Personnel Administration required. Human Resources certification (e.g., SHRM, HRCI) or Professional Compensation certification (e.g., CCP) is preferred but not required.
- Eight (8) years' experience in the Human Resources field, three years of which would normally be in the specific function to which the candidate is assigned
- Oil & gas industry experience preferred though not required.
- Must have prior experience writing job descriptions, analyzing jobs and making placement recommendations
- Must have experience using Hay Methodology and have used the Point Factor Analysis.
- Must be a fully seasoned professional in Human Resources, with a specialized knowledge in compensation and the evaluation and placement of jobs
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.