The role of the Maintenance Surface Technician is to competently perform all of the required maintenance tasks on the downhole tools and wellsite surface systems. These tasks include system testing, assembly and disassembly, service levels, calibration, environmental screening, modification, troubleshooting and repair, all of which must be completed in conformance with Segment and Schlumberger Standards, procedures and practices.
- Reside in Perth or Australia and have the full right to live and work in Australia including Australia offshore locations
- No travel restrictions and open to relocation in Australia based on company’s requirement
- Proof of a Mechanical, Hydraulics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering Diploma, and/ or Advance Diploma
- Must have minimum 10 years field experience as Mud Logger and Data Engineer
- Min. 5 years’ experience in Geoservices GN4 acquisition system and INTERACT real time data transmission. Well verse in system architecture, hardware and software as real time troubleshooting are required
- Min. 5 years’ experience in Geoservices GN4 and Flair services rig up and commissioning at offshore drilling rig. Competent to rig up to meet NOPSEMA regulation
- Min. 5 years’ experience in RESERVAL Version 3, GFF 2.16 and ISOTOPE gas equipment repair and servicing. Experience in real time troubleshooting with operator on site to minimize down time
- Min. 3 years’ experience in GN4, ALS3B and Surface acquisition hardware installation, system simulation and testing. Must be able to prepare system independently, from equipment planning phase to full equipment delivery
- Min. 3 years’ experience in Geoservices Flair Mass spectrometer, Gas control panels, Flex and heater maintenance and servicing. Experience in real time troubleshooting with operator on site to minimize down time
- Min. 5 years experiences working offshore as Data Engineer operating full ALS\GN4 system. Must be well verse with Geoservices zone 1\ zone 2 sensors and equipment. Extensive experience sensors’ maintenance, servicing and repair and calibration
- Min 2 years’ experience in handling Geoservices DG and chemicals. Experience in M041, DG and chemical loadout offshore
- Have valid BOSIET, MSIC, CSTP and OGUK medical certificates.
- A willingness to do physically challenging activities in potentially harsh environments
- Ability to maintain high quality of service delivery, in terms of safety, quality and efficiency of operation
- Good personnel skills, excellent in communication, highly self-motivated, competent computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Must be a team player, able to get along with individuals from other groups in the organization, and a good communicator
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills essential
- Able to follow directions and company policies
- Must be a team player, able to get along with individuals from other groups in the organisation, and a good communicator
- Have sound safety appreciation, time management and competent computer skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to follow procedures and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to work to a quality management system
- Ability to complete paperwork in a legible manner
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply.
Salary: The salary package will comprise of a base salary in the range of AUD 95,000-105,000/ year.
Application: Please apply via this advertisement and upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience.
Application is open from 20-August-2018 until 18-September-2018. Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.