Skills: Maintenance Technician, Civil Construction, Pipeline Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Pipeline Line Locator
The primary objective of this position is to support all operations and maintenance support for pipelines and facilities in the surrounding operating areas. The Pipeline Team is organized in a discipline manner, with this position responsible for external pipeline activities. All candidates must have Pipeline Locating experience listed below to apply.
Job duties will include the following:
• Responsible for proper operations and maintenance of pipelines and facilities in accordance with Company procedures, policies, and DOT regulations.
• Responsible for all one-calls line location activities, knowledge of 811 and Korweb systems and tools.
• Coordinate, supervise, and inspect the maintenance and construction of pipeline facilities per policy, procedures, and DOT regulation.
• Complete applicable reporting and documentation of key operational parameters.
• Able to utilize computer applications such as Google Earth as used for pipeline and facility locations and routing.
• Operate and maintain typical pipeline system equipment, measurement equipment, and valves.
• Assist with daily pipeline operations and maintenance of pipeline locations, ROW locations utilizing electronic line locators and probing bars.
• Complete appropriate documentation and reporting for inspection, maintenance, safety, and regulatory purposes.
• Ensure that contractors performing work on pipline and facilities perform work acceptable to the company policies and procedures.
• Respond to and investigate arial reports and one-call notifications.
• Inspect, test, repair or replace any equipment used for pipline locating purposes.
• Other duties as assigned by Pipeline Superintendent.
Driven by Safety, Guided by Compliance, Focused on Production.
Improving efficiency and reducing costs, all while meeting safety requirements, is the challenge faced by every operator in the oil and gas industry. It’s a challenge, though, that Island Operating Company has been accepting and exceeding for over a decade.