Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
As the demand for energy increases so does our need for motivated talent to meet the engineering and technical challenges of today's upstream oil and gas business. Cameron, including the OneSubsea technology segment have numerous career opportunities that will let you prove your abilities from your first day and throughout your career, and beyond into the wider world of Schlumberger.
Schlumberger is the world's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry worldwide. Within Schlumberger, the Cameron group provides a complete range of flow control equipment and services for onshore and offshore drilling rig systems, and production systems for conventional and unconventional applications; separation, processing, and treatment systems. The OneSubsea technology segment extends this capability to subsea production, measurement and processing systems.
Cameron's Surface Systems
Cameron's Surface segment designs and manufactures complete wellhead and Christmas tree systems for onshore and offshore topside applications. This segment has an extensive installed base of equipment and is collaborating with customers around the world. Our Surface segment is not only the industry's largest provider of surface completion and production equipment but also has a large services business in each of its markets. One of the major services provided by the Surface segment is CAMSHALE™ Production Solutions, which specializes in shale gas production.
QC Inspector shall perform dimensional and visual inspection on the raw, partially and finished products following the engineering drawings. The inspector shall complete the inspection tasks per BOM and SAP based mfg routings and follows the work assignments given by QC Supervisor. QC Inspector shall also perform hardness testing using Rockwell and Brinell tests method.
- Interpreting engineering drawings & GD&T requirements; performs thorough dimensional inspection and completes inspection checklist provided by the machine shop. The QC Inspector shall be competent to understand and read Engineering drawings and SAP transactions.
- Inspector shall be competent to raise NCRs when nonconforming conditions are detected
- Use dimensional measuring instruments like thread ring/plug gauges, ball gauges, micrometers, calipers, indicators, profile projectors, and Brinell hardness test equipment as well as CMM equipment.
- Work in receiving inspection, in-process inspection and final inspection areas based on the assignments.
- Update and revise SAP based NCR's based on Engineering disposition
- Inspector shall be well versed in understanding functions and usage of all required measuring instruments
- Maintain eye examination requirements at all times
- Inspector shall be able to handle heavy parts using overhead cranes and other lifting equipment safely
- Maintain forklift driving qualification, if required
- Clearly communicate verbally and written
- Travel to supplier locations to perform dimensional and visual inspection based on requirements and assignments
- Perform inspection at optimum cycle time with required precision
- Demonstrate professional attitude and work effectively with other departments
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years experience in quality control performing dimensional inspection
- Competent in use measuring instruments
- Competent in Unit conversion and interpreting Engineering drawings
- Computer literate
- Hardness testing
- Familiar with API & ASME requirements
- Work independently
- Basic computer skills
- Machining experience preferred