Truck Mechanic - Midland, TX
- Responsible for light maintenance and repairs on transport trucks, trailers and pickups.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Ensure proper D.O.T., state inspection and insurance papers are included in the cab data book.
- May operate fork lift and/or service truck.
- Familiar with all safety procedures for working with electricity, engines, compressors and material safety data sheets for related materials.
- May work in proximity to significant hazards (H2S, chemicals, high voltage, elevated heights, volatile liquids, etc.), which require safety accommodations and/or procedures.
- Perform brake jobs, troubleshooting, electrical problems, and inspect equipment (turbo, engine, a/c, all electrical).
- After initial training period, can perform light maintenance on fleet equipment such as:
- oil changes, minor repairs, brake adjustments, grease trucks and trailers, inspection of equipment for problems, completion of repair orders, workplace safety, serve on-call duty, operate winch truck, fork lift and service truck.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 year experience.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and familiarity with diesel and gasoline engines, electronics and testing equipment.
- Basic math skills required to take measurements, change speedometers, read manuals and perform service work.
- Must have own tools