Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management, Refinery / Plant Operator
Other Skills: Must possess or obtain operator qualifications as deemed by the Operations Supervisor and complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements.
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. is a publicly traded master limited partnership ("MLP") engaged in interstate and intrastate crude oil transportation and crude oil gathering, marketing, terminals and storage, as well as the marketing and storage of liquefied petroleum gas and other petroleum products (collectively "LPG"). For additional information about Plains All American please access our website at www.plainsallamerican.com.
Plains has an immediate opening for a Terminal Operator at our Wink, Texas location. The primary function of this position is to operate and maintain terminal assets and/or pipeline facilities including tanks and pipeline pumping stations, to ensure accurate and safe transportation and storage of products, keeping them in good safe condition and in compliance with government regulations. Position also assists with petroleum product movements in and out of the pipeline terminal and/or pump stations. Responsible for storage of products, custody transfer activities with connecting carriers and customers. Position will be subject to call outs for work associated with Plains terminal/field operations and/or emergency response.
- Operate and maintain terminal facilities including: tanks, pumps, LACTs, valves and terminal piping, to ensure accurate and safe transportation and storage of products and custody transfer activities with connecting carriers and customers.
- Inspects pumps, valves and equipment for proper operation and performs general facility maintenance as needed.
- Performs all monthly DOT inspections, including tankage, fire extinguisher, fire water pump, etc. and ensures associated records are completed.
- Maintains effective and timely communications with Terminal Control Center.
- Takes meter readings, inspects and gauges tanks and completes accurate and timely reports of same.
- Inspects perimeter fencing, locks, etc. to maintain proper facility security.
- Maintains environmental equipment and processing of any waste.
- Perform other functions as deemed necessary by Terminal or Operations Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have pipeline knowledge and experience, and capability to take on a wide range of pipeline responsibilities, including managing pump stations, and pipeline and lease crude oil shipping responsibilities, all resulting in safe operating conditions and in compliance with government regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical operational manuals.
- Basic math and computer /PC skills.
- As job proficiency is attained, ability to calculate fluid flow, determine and perform batch scheduling and coordinate related activities and use basic sampling equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Ability to speak read and write English.
- Must be organized and proficient in record keeping.
- Must possess or obtain operator qualifications as deemed by the Operations Supervisor and complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work alone and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to occasionally lift or carry moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds, working, stooping, kneeling, bending, climbing and walking distances in all types of terrain.
- May work outdoors in open environment with extremes of heat and cold.
- Be able to accommodate travel, overtime, and participate in "on-call" rotation as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruitment agencies, either submitted through this website or directly to Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. employees.