Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management, Pipeline Operator
Other Skills: Must possess or obtain operator qualifications as deemed by the Operations Supervisor and complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Pipeline Operator operates and maintains identified pipeline assets and facilities including, pipelines, tanks, pipeline pumping stations, LACTs and gathering facilities, to ensure accurate and safe transportation and storage of products.
- Responsible for petroleum product movements in and out of pipeline pump stations; uses tools and techniques to accurately assess, quantify and quality crude oil and/or refined products; and is responsible for storage of products, and custody transfer activities with connecting carriers and customers
- Routinely inspects pumps and valves for proper operation.
- Responsible for accurate quality and quantity measurement of crude oil according to Plains procedures and reporting of same.
- Performs monthly DOT tankage inspections, fire extinguisher inspections, and maintains associated records.
- Inspects perimeter fencing, locks, etc. to maintain proper facility, pipeline and ROW security and addresses and reports any infractions.
- Inspects and assures that routine and DOT compliance maintenance is performed on ROW, equipment and valves.
- Maintains communications with Pipeline Control Center.
- Acts as witness to meter proving, crude oil shipment from lease to delivery point and run pipeline pigs as needed.
- Perform other pipeline related tasks or projects as deemed necessary by Operations Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have pipeline knowledge and experience, and capability to take on a wide range of pipeline responsibilities and ability to manage pump station, pipeline and lease crude oil shipping responsibilities resulting in safe operating conditions and in compliance with government regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical operational manuals
- Basic math and computer /PC skills.
- As job proficiency is attained, ability to calculate fluid flow, determine and perform batch scheduling and coordinate related activities and use basic sampling equipment.
- Must have a valid driver's license to drive company vehicles.
- Ability to speak read and write English.
- Must be organized and proficient in record keeping.
- Must possess or obtain operator qualifications as deemed by the Operations Supervisor and complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work alone and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to occasionally lift or carry moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds, working, stooping, kneeling, bending, climbing and walking distances in all types of terrain.
- Works outdoors in open environment with extremes of heat and cold.
- Able to accommodate travel, overtime, extreme weather, and participate in "on-call" rotation as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer