Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: PLC knowledge
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This position will perform scheduled and non-scheduled electrical maintenance and repairs on company equipment in the field, tank farms, pump stations, control center, offices and other company facilities. Position will require a working knowledge of electrical and SCADA equipment and will be subject to call outs for work associated with Plains field operations and/or emergency response.
- Responsible for maintaining 4,160 Vac, 2,400 Vac, and 480 Vac main line station equipment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives, PLC's, Motor Control Centers, Radio communications, multistage centrifugal pumps, and general station equipment.
- Read and understand P&ID drawings, electrical schematics, mechanical schematics and technical operational manuals.
- Perform documentation required by Plains and other regulating agencies as required.
- Work and communicate safely and effectively with field operations, fellow employees, contractors and the general public.
- Subject to call outs, travel and overtime for work associated with Plains field operations and/or emergency response.
- Any other pipeline related duties as assigned by the Operations Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree or 2 years related field work experience
- General pipeline knowledge and working experience with medium voltage equipment up through 4,160 Vac.
- State electrician license preferred along with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) knowledge and industrial electrical training.
- Know basic NEC code requirements and specs associated with pipeline operations as well as all applicable governmental regulations
- Familiar with basic tools and electrical tools and familiar with different electrical test equipment associated with meters, meggers and scopes.
- Able to read and comprehend technical operational manuals, do load studies and related calculations.
- Ability to complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs, and meet minimum DOT qualifications and able to obtain any other Operator Qualifications as deemed necessary by the Operations Supervisor
- Good oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interface with individuals inside and outside the company
- Able to speak, read and write English and perform basic math.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to operate company vehicles.
- Occasionally lifts or carries moderately heavy equipment or parts and positions then during maintenance activities. May have to work in confined spaces, working and stooping, kneeling, bending, and walking distances in all types of terrain.
- Frequently works in open environment with extremes of heat and cold, often in proximity to high voltage and/or chemicals, which requires safety accommodations such as protective clothing and equipment
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer