Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Pipeline Services, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. is a publicly traded master limited partnership ("MLP") engaged in interstate and intrastate crude oil transportation and crude oil gathering, marketing, terminals and storage, as well as the marketing and storage of liquefied petroleum gas and other petroleum products (collectively "LPG"). For additional information about Plains All American please access our website at www.plainsallamerican.com.
Plains has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Technician working out of the Snyder, Texas location supporting the Colorado City Pipeline District. This position performs required scheduled and unscheduled mechanical maintenance on pumps, valves, mixers, engines, and other crude oil equipment and tools. Also maintains up to date maintenance records in compliance with DOT/PHMSA requirements. Position is subject to call outs for work associated with Plains field operations and/or emergency response.
- Performs routine and non-routine maintenance and upkeep on positive displacement pumps, meters and metering equipment, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, tank mixers, valves, as well as small engines and motors.
- Monitor and change oil in pumps, monitor oil temperature, inspect valves, and conducts DOT/PHMSA required inspections.
- Completes administrative documents and forms required by the company and other regulating agencies and maintains up to date maintenance records.
- Work in conjunction with the Division Maintenance Planner to implement and perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment using the Maximo program.
- Evaluates repair needs and trends of pipeline equipment and makes recommendations on necessary maintenance.
- Perform other pipeline-related duties as assigned by the Operations or Maintenance Supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of engine and pump equipment operations, repair, and maintenance.
- Experience with micrometers, calipers, tolerances, clearances, and related operating parameters of equipment.
- Basic electrical knowledge is required and knowledge of welding procedures is a plus.
- Must have intermediate computer skills to generate e-mail and complete applicable forms and complete on-line training as required.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English to interpret equipment manuals, service notices, and related data.
Must be organized and proficient in record keeping.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess or obtain operator qualifications as deemed by the Operations Supervisor and complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, with ability to work alone and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to occasionally lift or carry moderately heavy equipment or parts and position them during maintenance activities. May have to work in confined spaces, working, stooping, kneeling, bending, climbing and walking distances in all types of terrain.
- Works outdoors in open environment with extremes of heat and cold.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruitment agencies, either submitted through this website or directly to Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. employees