Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Godley, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
SR QUALITY ENGINEER
This position is primarily responsible for the improvement of existing procedures and processes within our Quality Management system. They will be required to collaborate with team members to create new quality controls, validations, and verifications. You should have sound experience establishing inspection/testing parameters, a history of participating in peer reviews, and the ability to design and implement control systems for quality assurance. Works independently and within a team across departments to assist with problem solving while maintaining customer focus. Completes assignments and projects of increasingly larger scope requiring knowledge of Six Sigma concepts, methods, and applications while maintaining a high level of integrity and safety awareness. Ongoing training includes development of new engineering skills related to procedures and methods in the design, manufacturing, testing and operation of oilfield explosives and mechanical hardware.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead Six Sigma Team projects.
- Assist and/or develop and implement quality programs to ensure compliance and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Support manufacturing transfer from contract manufacture to in house.
- Work with R&D to gain a working understanding of the customer expectation based on the
- Customer Requirement Specifications to ensure that quality plans address all important factors affecting overall customer satisfaction.
- Train, and mange quality assurance technicians and inspectors.
- Create and revise quality documents to assure accuracy and compliance.
- Interface with ISO and state auditors during inspections.
- Perform investigations and corrective actions per the corrective and preventative action program.
- Manage and ensure all calibration and maintenance is completed for tools and instruments as needed.
- Participate and perform internal quality audits per the internal audit program.
- Perform and support process validation program.
- Work with Document control function to maintain DMR and DHR files.
- Participate in complaint investigations.
- Manage Return Goods process.
- Support daily production requirements as needed. Manage the material review board activities per control of non-conforming materials.
- Perform lot history record reviews for completeness.
- Perform lot release and investigation activities.
- Plan, schedule, and complete projects in an aggressive manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Participate and support in product development projects and teams.
- Proactively communicate project status to management.
- Review and provide input into testing methodologies, acceptance criteria and test plans. Work with project team to investigate and assess all failures that occur during product design verification and design validation.
- Help validate products through concept, design, development and transfer to manufacturing operations and subsequent release into commerce. Work with team to ensure that customer requirements can be validated and design requirements can be verified.
- Establish trend analysis tools to report on operational performance, product quality and monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions related to deviations, internal audits, customer complaints, and supplier performance.
- Act as a contact between the company and our suppliers to ensure timely qualification of suppliers and acceptance of components / subassemblies being purchased.
- Perform supplier quality audits as required.
- Understand the job specific quality system procedures and processes as defined in the Training
- Matrix and adhere to the requirements listed in those documents. If any of the procedure or process requirements are unclear or ambiguous, it is the responsibility of the employee to notify his/her supervisor or Quality Assurance
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- ASQ Certified Black Belt
- Experience in print and specification review and change orders.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, ability to diagnose issues, find and test solutions.
- Must have good ability to communicate technical subject matter effectively, orally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with processes and process validation during qualification phases is preferred.
- Ability to identify problems and communicate solutions in a constructive and positive manner in a fast paced working environment.
- Completion of various statistical data analysis courses including experience and/or training in the use of computer aided data analysis software. Experience and/or training with Microsoft Office, MiniTab and SolidWorks.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science / Engineering degree plus relevant experience (prefer 10 years related experience) OR Graduate level Science / Engineering degree plus relevant experience (prefer 5 years related experience).
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence and technical documentation. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to conduct presentations to intra-company, customers and management.
Reasonable physical strength and aptitude is required. The operation of equipment is essential to job including powered industrial trucks and explosive assembly equipment (training will be provided). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee will be mainly in an office environment with regular exposure to manufacturing and testing facilities containing presses, lathes, mills, etc. The employee will have exposure to explosive materials, various metals and chemicals used in the manufacture of oilfield explosive products. There may be occasional exposure to various weather conditions.
The job description here is representative of one that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.