El Campo, Texas, United States
El Campo, Texas, United States
Skills: Production Operator, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Other Skills: Pumper
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Campo, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Vernon E. Faulconer Inc., is an Independent Oil & Gas Company with over 40 years in the business and as a result of upcoming growth prospects has a potential opportunity for an experienced, hands-on, detail-focused Lease Operator/Mechanical Specialist. The specific El Campo Texas area location of this position will be determined based upon the acquired properties. Position performs a key role in the daily inspection, operational monitoring, mechanical support and reporting on assigned wells and facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily inspections of assigned oil and gas leases.
- Gauges and reports daily production of oil and water in storage tanks.
- Reads gas meters, calculates, and reports daily produced gas volumes.
- Monitors and records daily plunger runs on all non-automated wells.
- Inspects plungers, sample catchers, and perform gauge ring tests on a monthly basis on all plunger lift wells.
- Reads, records, and reports tubing and casing pressures on assigned wells.
- Inspects pipelines, valves, and flanges to detect malfunctions.
- Operates intermitter controllers, pumping units, natural gas compressors, refrigeration plants, JT plants, dehydrators, generators, two-way radios, and computers.
- Performs daily readings and reporting on assigned compressors.
- Proficient in mechanical troubleshooting on equipment.
- Assist supervisor in development of preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assists with and performs mechanical repairs on compressors and surface equipment as required.
- Will act as the initial point of contact for other lease operators on mechanical troubleshooting.
- Focal point for coordination of mechanical troubleshooting training within the group.
- Will serve as a technical resource to supervisor for coordination of work with external contractor compressor companies.
- Reports lease deficiencies and other problems to the supervisor.
- Oversees the operation of artificial lift equipment, such as downhole pumps, plunger-lift, and pumping units.
- Inspects each location visited and repairs or makes recommendations to management for the repair.
- Makes and manages project lists for each lease as needed.
- Proficient in the start-up and operation of each lease and its associated surface equipment.
- Reports to the Production Foreman.
- Five (5)+ years oil and gas experience with good working knowledge of all surface production equipment.
- General knowledge and skills to operate artificial lift equipment, such as plunger lift, down hole pumps, programmable controllers, and pumping units.
- Previous experience and familiarity with natural gas compressors preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with good working knowledge of all oil and gas surface production equipment and well automation.
- Knowledge and skills to operate artificial lift equipment, such as downhole pumps, programmable controllers, and pumping units.
- Ability to effectively transfer mechanical knowledge to other employees
- Good communication skills to interact effectively with members of small and large teams.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to climb vessel ladders and work at heights up to 25 feet.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to use the Internet/E-mail.
- To be considered for this position, you must be a US Citizen or already have the right to work in the United States of America for any employer without sponsorship.
Attractive compensation and benefits package for qualified candidates.