Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for an Assistant Cost Analyst for a 6 month contract basis, located in Aberdeen.
The Assistant Cost Analyst provides analysis and support to management within a cost accounting environment to facilitate decision-making. This role provides the necessary input to Finance to ensure that internal, delegated and external budgets and cost reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
Budget & Forecast
- Prepare Budgets and Forecasts in conjunction with Budget spender and as directed by the Lead Cost Controller
- Regularly review forecast expenditure against Budget / Forecast / Commitments, highlighting anomalies, whilst helping promote cost consciousness / cost challenge amongst Budget holders and spenders
- Assist in the analysis of actual costs and forecast expenditure as directed and provide details on variances between budget and previous forecasts related to the Organisation/common venture
- Assist in the review of cost allocations and charge-back mechanisms periodically, in conjunction with customers to ensure these remain equitable in a changing business environment
- Conduct monthly reviews of the Cost Control data with Budget Holder and update as appropriate in-line with significant activity changes in the monthly corporate planning.
- Prepare the Summary of Expenditure Reports and review monthly with Budget Holders to agree the Forecast and confirm variance commentary.
- Liaise with departments to collate and prepare VOWD estimates for input into SAP and validate and verify that these have been accounted for correctly.
- Monitor commitments and highlight where amendments require to be raised in line with expenditure to be incurred
- Review Time-writing Cost Allocations.
- Base Pouvoir - manage DEA cards for areas of responsibility
- Analysis and preparation of Monthly Uploads to the cost management system (BPC and uCost)
- Ensure correct coding is applied to all cost commitments
- Run periodic reports from SAP for use by cost controllers and budget holders e.g. time-writing reports, commitment reports, cost reports
- Perform reconciliations of data, e.g. time writing, take follow up action where necessary
- Provide ad hoc services such as provision of back up information for auditors etc.
- Provide general administration support for Culzean Cost Control function
SOX & Internal Control
- Ensure that all Internal control and SOX procedures are fully complied with
- Verify month end results supplied by GSC and ensure that partner billings accurately reflect activities and equites
- Commitment documentation is properly authorised and coded.
- Cost control documentation is properly filed.
- Reconciliation of cost control data is regularly performed, and differences followed up.
- Assisting in the preparation of Budgets (Opex / Capex / Departmental)
- Cost reporting and analysis.
- Graduate with relevant experience, preferably in the oil / gas industry
- Knowledge of SAP and other databases / computer packages required for this function (e.g. Excel)