Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Laboratory Engineer develops skills and knowledge to support sales and operations by performing quality and verifiable tests on Company products and preparing laboratory presentations and reports. The company products new and novel technologies for the Oil and Gas Industry, such as Drilling Fluids, Solid samples, Reservoir Drill-In Fluids (RDF’s), RDF additives, Completion Brines, and Completion Brine additives
- Assists in preparing presentations for internal and external laboratory clients - Studies elements of treatment Design, Execution, and Evaluation (DEE) to the extent of being able to provide sound recommendations for well construction treatments
- Performs tests to verify product/service design
- Assists the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Performs non-routine testing for critical wells
- Performs product quality assurance/ quality control for critical jobs. Reviews test procedures, results, and reports on unknown scales and produced solids and fluids from oil and gas wells, to determine their chemical composition and remedial treatments
- Reviews work booklets, analysis sheets, and computer-generated reports prepared by Laboratory Technicians, prepares periodic summary reports as required
- Monitors laboratory working areas to insure clean, orderly, and safe working conditions
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, with disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods
- Maintains laboratory results database
- Participates in monthly safety and operations improvement meetings
- Completes training modules for promotion to next career level
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, in providing test information to clients and other Company personnel
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, with ordering supplies, chemicals, and parts for department operations
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors in Science, Math or Engineering. Chemistry preferred.
- Minimum three years’ related experience in Laboratory – Oil & Gas industry preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative in providing quality solutions, analytical and solution oriented
- Standard skill in techniques, tools, processes and practices within area of expertise
- Basic Decision Making: Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies Decisions will impact upon schedules and on individual operations. Able to identify problems and/ or obstacles.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.