Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Chemical Engineer under general direction, provide engineering skills to assist in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects
- Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation. May present solutions to clients
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met
- May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the PLMP custom form of the project
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans
- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives. Prepare technical documentation through InTouch and in a timely fashion
- Make presentations effective to technical and management audiences
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations
- Share expertise via Eureka and SIGs and expand the informal network throughout the organization: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains and clients
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy
- Implements and complies with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master Degree or PhD in Chemistry, Science or Engineering.
- Minimum five+ years’ related experience in in chemistry and chemical product development - Oil & Gas industry preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative in providing quality solutions, analytical and solution oriented
- Standard skill in techniques, tools, processes and practices within area of expertise
- Advanced Decision Making: Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.