Skills: Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
HSE Technical Professional:- Duncan, OK
Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. - Supply Chain Manufacturing
Halliburton-s Duncan Manufacturing and Technology facilities are seeking an exceptional HSE Technical Professional to join our team.- Duncan Halliburton Manufacturing is an OSHA VPP star site with approximately 800 employees working in a metal fabrication and machining shop.
Duties and Scope:-
The HSE Technical Professional will report to the HSE Supervisor and will provide support and Technical guidance regarding HSE management systems, compliance assurance, and health/safety cultural journey to zero.- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Technical oversight of the integrated HSE management system which maintains Halliburton requirements and industry standards.
- Engages in training, reporting, HSE strategy development and implementation, standards and code interpretation and assist through incident investigations.
- Develops implements and monitors HSE initiatives in alignment with global HSE strategies.
- Develop and implement, or manage existing, health & safety programs to meet Halliburton global standards and OSHA regulatory requirements-
- Assists as HSE technical resource to assess HSE risk and controls as part of site management of change
- Participate as a key resource for OSHA VPP-
- Communicates effectively with site leadership and shop floor personnel to drive systematic change.
- Facilitates the site self-assessment and coordinates sustainable corrective actions.
- Execute on the business HSE year plan.
- Sharing of practices within the area and other manufacturing centers, and implement learnings.
- Verification of Operating permit compliance.
- Support to non-ops function in safety programs and Safety Committee Leaders
- Works with other PSL-s through a tenant partnership
- Other duties as assigned.
Core-Skills and Abilities Required:
- Leadership, influencing and collaborative skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Resilience, persistence, optimism
- Computer literacy:- Power Point, Word, Excel, and internet searching
- Knowledge of related EHS equipment
- Knowledge of safety, industry hygiene, ergonomics and environmental testing methods
- Organizing and planning
- Analytical problem solving and decision making
- Training ability
Education & Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in HSE related field, Science or Engineering.
- HSE manufacturing experience Preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in HSE related field.
- HSE Certification preferred (ASP, ASCM, CSP, CSHM or other similar certification).
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Knowledge of U.S. local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in Safety and Environmental management systems preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
100 E Halliburton,-Duncan,-Oklahoma,-73533, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Job Family:-Support Services-
Product Service Line:-Supply Chain Mgmt--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.