Our client requires a Control Systems Technician to join their team on a permanent basis based in Peterhead with ad-hoc offshore trips.
- To be an effective team member in building, inspecting, maintaining, installing, commissioning and repairing company assets and equipment either onshore, offshore or internationally.
- Use your skills and knowledge to construct, install, commission and upgrade; instrumentation, control, and network technology schemes to enable the successful use of company assets and equipment.
- Help train colleagues across various disciplines. Undergo relevant training
- Inspect, assess, service, repair and maintain equipment using control or network technologies.
- Apply electrical, network, PLC and SCADA fault finding techniques to establish cause and enable solutions.
- Monitor and evaluate the Profibus, Modbus and serial communication links technology.
- Read, monitor and evaluate the online diagnostics of the PLC system and its network.
- Conduct and control obsolescence audits of installed technology. Recommend solutions to obsolete technology.
- Perform program changes to the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and the Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Set up and monitor PID loops.
- Calibrate instrument loops for temperature, pressure, level and flow.
- Participate in the continued development of the current systems.
- Carry out the I/O testing on the system.
- Commission control systems on new equipment and at new installations.
- Repair or replace defective and/or worn parts and components.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors associated with hardware, software and networks.
- Attend daily workshop or site briefings.
- Generate accurate Engineer Inspection reports of assets and equipment.
- Log and report information in the maintenance job sheets.
- Assess, fault find, test and repair installed control and network systems.
- Read and interpret electrical, PID, online diagnostics and PLC program information.
- Setup, monitor and calibrate both instrument and PID loops.
- Calibration, testing of instrumentation.
- Carry out maintenance routines
- Install and commission
- Knowledge of plant shutdown systems.
- HNC/HND or Degree Electrical, Electronic, Systems or Networks Qualification
- Recognised apprenticeship, training scheme or tertiary education and training.
- Knowledge of PLCs; Mitsubishi, Beckhoff
- Knowledge of Profibus, Modbus serial.
- Work to a high standard at all times
- Develop and follow operational instructions
- Promote a positive image of the company
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment
- Available to participate in on-call rota
- Effective team player
- Ability to travel offshore/overseas.
- Full UK Driving Licence