Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our Client, a software solutions provider based to the West of Aberdeen are recruiting a Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
The Finance Manager contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization.
Job Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
Payroll preparation and administration
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Negotiate and manage the employee pension plans
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time
- Issue annual P60s & File all returns with HMRC
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Assist Directors with the preparation of budgets for funding applications
Project management accounting
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate
- Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration
- Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of legislation on Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, and Human Rights
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Accounting (Sage 50C & Sage Payroll)
- Word processing
The Finance Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.