Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Florence, Kentucky for a Sourcing Leader. The Sourcing Leader implements strategies and tactics to effectively manage the local sourcing for the assigned product line in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Creates sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions, in accordance with Category sourcing strategies
- Develops action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects
- Locates and selects a high-performance supply base in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers
- Leads the RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership
- Leads supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, and Supplier Manager
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
- Leads the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Sourcing Specialists and Supply Chain Contract Specialists
- Allocates product demand across suppliers and in line with the Global Category Strategy and the Global Supplier Management Strategy
- Monitors sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply for all portfolios
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives
- Responsible for delivering a top performing workforce
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
- Complies with all Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
Specific deliverables of the position:
- Leading and mentoring a team of Sourcing Specialists to come up with cost savings and lead time projects to meet Negative Inflation, PPV and LT targets.
- Sourcing plans
- Effective supplier base including lead time, quality and cost improvements.
- Contracts and pricing agreements. Expert user in Ariba for RFQ and Contracts
Key Performance metrics that relate to the job:
- Cost Savings
- % Managed Spend
- % Global Sourcing
- % Spend with Preferred suppliers
- Reduction of the numbers of Approved Suppliers
- Payment Terms improvement
- Lead time improvement
- Ariba usage for RFQs and Contracts
- ERP Experience: Working knowledge of SAP a plus
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in sourcing
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Interpersonal skills including;
- High collaboration with others
- Managing Change
- Must have good Leadership and management skills
- Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
- Performance management capability.
- Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.