Wood is gathering resumes for an HSE Technician (future need) with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
The primary accountability of the HSE Specialist is to provide coaching and mentoring to improve HSE capabilities and capacity within field based staff and contractors in order to assist them in meeting their responsibilities in the implementation of Company HSE policies and standards.
This role will require you to interact with a broad range of employees and contractors both at a worker level as well as at the leadership levels. Success in this role requires the ability to influence and lead others through a firm grasp of the company's HSE Management System.
• Work jointly with local leadership to ensure implementation of the HSE Management System
• Provide strong leadership in the development of the HSE culture with focus on the identification of hazard and the management of risk
• Work closely with field based staff and contractors to identify and plan work, to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with HSE policies, standards and operating practices
• Use available HSE data sources and information to identify incident and injury trends for leadership discussions and action
• Asses the utilization and implementation of HSE Management Systems and identify any improvement opportunities within areas of responsibility
• Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate proactive HSE initiatives
• Lead, facilitate or participate in the investigation of incidents or high potential near misses
• As required interface with regulatory agencies to ensure a strong and cooperative relationship is maintained
• Ensure that appropriate reporting and communications of HSE related issues occurs within the HSE group, local leadership and the applicable regulatory agencies
• Provide support in emergency response activities which includes ensuring regular drills and exercises are conducted
• Participate in local HSE meetings and provide technical support and advice on issues
• Review and ensure appropriate follow up and closure of incidents and near misses reported
• Support local leadership in the effective implementation and maintenance of Behavior Based safety systems with staff members and contractors
• Technical diploma or professional status in the Health, Safety and/or Environmental fields or equivalent. Equivalent experience will also be considered
• Minimum 3 years of direct Health, Safety and/or Environmental experience
• Ability and flexibility to travel to various field locations
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Valid Driver's License
• Legally authorized to work in the US
• Understanding of Oil and Gas operations, HSE related regulations, environmental and safe operating procedures
• A strong personal commitment to HSE and the demonstration of self leadership capabilities
• Ability to coach, mentor and positively influence behaviors
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.