Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Personnel Training Officer for a contract basis, located in Aberdeen.
- Book all relevant training with the company approved training providers as per the company's matrices and new location requirements.
- Update the Training/HR Database with all information regarding training providers, course bookings, certificates, assign courses to relevant providers, marine tickets, seafarer medicals, CAS information.
- Prepare Employee Course Joining Instructions: book flights/car hire & hotel/accommodation where necessary and update data base. Forward prepared Course Joining Instructions to employees 3 months in advance.
- Implementation of all aspects of Training & Marine Certification as per matrices and the company's standards and procedures as well as the administration of the Competence Assurance System (CAS).
- Follow up all activities regarding training of personnel and mapping future training needs of their assigned vessels.
- Produce various weekly and monthly reports.
- Produce annual training budget forecast.
- Ensure vessel marine crew compliance as per safe manning document. Ensure crew marine tickets, seafarer books and seafarer medicals are kept valid. Ensure that all relevant Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CeC) are applied for.
- Check Department Invoices: Identify anomalies and request credit notes where necessary. Sign off correct invoices and update the data base to reflect invoice received.
- Relative Response Team duties as and when required.
- Any other duties as required by Training Supervisor.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's safety policies through leadership and guidance.
- Must be fully committed to preventing damage to the Environment and shall work in accordance with the company's H S & E Policiesand Procedures.
Essential: Previous experience within a similar position
Desirable: Experience / Knowledge of Marine Certification
Essential: Basic Microsoft Office Skills.
Desirable: Relative Response Course
Essential: Demonstrates commitment, Organisational qualities, Communication and Time Management skills, Attention to detail, Ability to work in a team