Conroe, Texas, United States
Conroe, Texas, United States
Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrical Technician
Other Skills: Experience in electrical management. 600v - 4-20ma experience. Experience with installation with top drives, SCR controls, VFD's, PLC's, camera systems, transformers, various electrical circuits. Ability to read electrical/mechanical drawings/schematics. JSA & work permit experience (i.e. lock out, tag out (LOTO), hot work, work at height. Familiar with NEC & CEC codes.
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Conroe, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
- Supervises the activities of the electrical area including scheduling the workload and tracking hours on specific jobs.
- Assigns work duties and oversees daily work of the Electricians.
- Actively participates in the following activities: recruiting, hiring, and training employees; evaluating employee performance; and recommending or initiating promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Communicates company policy/procedures/practices to employees and ensures compliance.
- Monitors and ensures departmental compliance with established HSE guidelines.
- Ensures accuracy of the inventory assigned to the department and requests new stock as needed from parts and/or purchasing departments.
- Oversees the installation of low voltage, high voltage and fiber optics.
- Ensures employees are adhering to NEC codes, Class 1 Division 1 and Class 1 Division 2 requirements.
- Manages the installation of appropriate programs into rig computers.
- Responsible for the complete electrical inventory.
- Manages the cable harness assembly and building of multi-conductor electrical cables.
- Ensures the assembly and wiring of E-boxes is done according to schematics.
- Oversees the installation of electrical cables and components such as monitors, computers, sensors, and switches into rigs.
- Ensures the functions of programs, operations, and the complete rig checking process is done correctly.
- Ensures employees are maintaining work areas, equipment organization and cleanliness.
- Appropriately uses timekeeping system for proper labor reporting.
- Monitors and supports adherence to the job/time tracking process.
- Reports any corrections necessary for time and labor tracking for the department.
- Approves time sheets for payroll processing.
- Provides departmental reporting as needed to appropriate management staff.
- Leads toolbox safety meetings.
- Creates JSA's for proper job scope.
- Performs duties outside on rig up pads and inside on the shop floor.
- Performs on-call duties as necessary.
B. ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS
Regardless of other duties, has a responsibility to follow BAUER Manufacturing LLC's production, safety, and quality procedures.
- Education and Training - High School education or equivalent or as deemed sufficient by management.
- Technical Requirements - Ability to lift 40 pounds. Blueprint and/or schematic reading. Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Experience - At least two years' experience or as deemed sufficient by management.
The person identified in this Job Description is accountable for: overseeing the daily work of assigned personnel in the Electrical department for the assembly department and Rig Up Yard