Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Other Skills: P6, MS Office, WBS, Visio,
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: KCMO, Missouri, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Kansas City , MO
Duration: 5+ Months
Manager is looking for local Staff level candidates only
The Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for leading the project controls processes with the internal project management team to execute project deliverables within budget and schedule.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls experience.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety certification.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
- Ensure project set-up in the Enterprise Planning & Controls software.
- Analyze data; review logs; and run reports in the Enterprise Planning & Controls software or other tools.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
- Manage the internal Enterprise Planning & Controls software.
- Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) / downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
- Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
- Develop and present a cash flow report.
- Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Create schedules and diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
- Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
- Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
- Develop and present earned value tracking document.
- Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6.
- Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in P6 and review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
- Manage integrated data from one program to another.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry