A leading international oil and gas operating client is currently looking for a Senior / Lead Mechanical Engineer focusing on rotating equipment. The role will be based in the client's office in Hampshire and is working on a leading African project
Provide technical guidance and assurance to the Project, ensuring safe, consistent and cost effective application of Project and regulatory codes and standards and good engineering practice
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues
- Mentor Junior Engineers and contractor Mechanical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or relevant industry experience MSC Preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Rotating equipment design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Operator experience would be beneficial
- Previous LNG experience
- CEng membership preferred.
- Eligible to work in the UK without needing to be sponsored.
- Working for a international operator
- Oil and Gas mega project
- Ongoing contract 12 + months
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.