Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: NDT Technician, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: Rope access inspections, NDT, dropped objects and derricks inspections
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Cenergy International Services is a global staffing solutions firm that provides professional and technical human capital to the energy industry. We strive to help our clients achieve business success by attracting talented individuals and providing responsive customer service.
Our Rig Inspection Division is currently seeking NDT Inspectors for employee & contract positions both on and offshore.
- Conduct Dropped Objects inspections and safety equipment/systems inspections on land and offshore drilling and production rigs
- Conduct API Cat III & IV derrick inspections as well as Drill Tool Inspections to DS1 and API standards
- Competent in load testing of lifting equipment / pad eyes and load bearing equipment
- Work closely with the client, rig crews and other inspectors in a highly professional and courteous manner
- Conduct inspections in accordance with procedures and with OEM/industry recommended procedures and standards
- Compile professional inspection reports using Microsoft Word / Excel and Adobe (PDF)
- Arrange, carry out and document pre-job/close-out meetings with the client and rig personnel.
- Author and/or edit inspection, overhaul, and acceptance reports in a timely manner.
- Reports to Inspections Manager
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in Oil and Gas Sector
- ASNT II certified in UT Thickness / Shear wave and MPI
- Documented experience with Dropped Objects and Derrick Inspections
- Documented Experience with various NDT inspections on and offshore
- Rope access inspections
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- A working knowledge of standards applicable to the marine and O&G industry
- Must be team oriented
- Computer literate; Must have good report writing skills and the ability to work efficiently within various Microsoft Office programs
- Current passport from country of residence
- Willingness to travel world-wide, often upon short notice
- Ability to travel to/from multiple worksite locations; Must have valid driver's license and applicable motor vehicle insurance
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Rope Access certified (SPRAT or IRATA)
- TWIC Card
- Current HUET and offshore safety training certification
- Multi-disciplinary experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.