Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The primary responsibility is to provide business promotion & establishment, business administration and Project Engineering support the business under the direction of the Electrical Services Manager. Continue to apply engineering knowledge and expertise, build and maintain relationships, financial / contract management, quality orientation, safety leadership and continuous development in all aspects of crane, lifting and support service activities.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering assigned projects and supporting the delivery of projects encompassing, but not limited to, the following:
- Administration of assigned project files
- Liaison with clients and subcontractors
- Preparation of calculations, work procedures and risk assessments
- Work to recognised quality standards
- Development and management of project schedules
- Completion of purchase requisitions
- Arrange equipment dispatch and transportation
- Carry out site / offshore visits as required
- Completion of close out reports and technical documentation
- Proactive financial control of assigned projects, and review invoice drafts
- Understand and manage major risks that will affect delivery of engineering projects
- Develop and assist with review of Electrical specifications and cable calculations and assist Electrical PLC Engineers in matching the PLC/HMI types to the project specification.
- Develop, assist in compilation, and implement, Electrical test procedures as specified.
- Assist in the preparation of test equipment and procedures for function testing Electrical products and carrying out Factory Acceptance Tests for clients.
- Preparation Ex registers to assist in future maintenance planning.
- Preparation of Electrical documentation and certification packages.
- Have a good understanding of Electrical control circuits for the purpose of reverse engineering or upgrading.
- Have a good understanding of the Electrical installation and Commissioning guidelines and implement when specified.
- Provide onshore support to Engineers/Electricians during commissioning or maintenance periods offshore and onsite.
- Determine customer requirements and objectives and assist in developing specifications for projects / systems to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Preparation of Factory Acceptance Test procedures, running FAT with client witness.
Business Promotion & Establishment:
- To carry out a Project Engineer function providing a support function to the establishment in all aspect of cranes, lifting and support service activities.
- Contribute to the establishment sales effort, through direct client contact and meetings, with particular focus on target customers as defined within the establishment business plan.
- When undertaking visits to site or offshore installations, promote and maintain effective communications with Client representatives and Sparrows Offshore personnel.
- The position requires the incumbent to assist in the development, compliance and continuous improvement of engineering processes and the engineering development system.
- Assist with the development of team systems and working methods
- It is expected that the incumbent will attend, and actively participate in, all training provided by company, whether internally or externally provided
- Carry out continuing professional development necessary to maintain and enhance competence in own area of responsibility
Meetings and Reporting
- Actively contribute to meetings and discussions
- Report on financial and operation progress of assigned projects to line management
- Build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with customers, sub-contractors, management, team members and other colleagues.
- Work co-operatively and productively with others to ensure planning, technical integrity and successful completion of projects.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- NVQ level 3 in electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Electrical Trade qualifications to National Standards.
- COMPEX EX01, 02, 03 and 04.
- Electrical Auto Cad.
- Offshore Experience.
- Offshore/ Onshore Crane experience.