The Field Manager has oversight over an entire drive pool within the trucking department. Successful candidates are those having the ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
He/She reports to the P&LS Division Trucking Manager. The Driver Supervisor report into this position.
- Works with Driver Supervisors to deliver safe operations, highest service quality while focusing on cost control
- Focus on achieving maximum utilization from the drivers (LV and HV drivers)
- Works alongside the Command Center to ensure driver efficiency targets are being met
- Roll out any new standard procedures or processes and systems to the Driver Supervisors and Drivers in relation to transportation management
- Oversee bonus program for drivers where applicable
- Help investigate any CMS event related to transportation department in conjecture with Driver supervisors, HSE reps and/or HSE Manager.
- Enters all Serious and Light QUEST reports into the system
- Liaison between PLS and Carrier Auditors and/or Service managers
- Promote the SCDP for drivers and support the driver supervisors when required for their drivers
- Oversee and maintain records for driver progression
- Training management
- Initiate promotions/transfers in People Connect
- Conduct internal audits of driver population to ensure training and expectations are followed as required
- Audit the accuracy of payroll systems and assist Driver Supervisors in timely entries and approvals
- Assist Driver Supervisors with coaching and accountability
- Ongoing projects and tasks assigned by Trucking Manager
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Preferred minimum of 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Transportation
- Excellent understanding of transportation industry
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.