Skills: HR - General
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This role will have responsibility for translating the overall Shell UK D&I vision and strategy into short and medium term plans for agreed workstreams ensuring they have an impact internally and externally. The role will also have responsibility for driving communication and recognition across the D&I agenda into the business. You will report into the UK ER/IR Manager and work directly Shell UK Country Chair, Vice President HR, Executive sponsors, business unit leaders, Talent Acquisition partners, and other Centers of Excellence to agree and implement the strategy, whilst providing advice on how outcomes will be achieved.
- Develop, submit and oversee the delivery of the Shell in the UK country D&I plan, identifying priority areas and roles & responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain governance, mission, budget and oversight for all D & I work. One such example is working with each of the Employee Networks via their senior sponsors and Chair to support the Employee Network's agenda.
- Develop and analyze metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of UK D&I days, in collaboration with the UK Employee Networks.
- Collaborate strategically with Internal Communications to engage employees, enhance the company's reputation, amplify successes and ensure inclusive internal and external messaging
- Support engagement of the Shell community in the UK, via coordination of the Employee Forums
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to remove barriers to inclusion for applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Serve as partner in creating employer brand visibility and positioning Shell as an employer of choice for underrepresented groups.
- Monitor external diversity best practices and make recommendations for differentiating practices and initiatives to ensure that Shell practices grow and maintain relevance and effectiveness.
- Monitor metrics dashboard to track progress, ensure ROI and provide guidance to create proactive solutions.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- We are looking for someone who has made a difference in their organisation in raising the awareness of Diversity & Inclusion and has a clear understanding of its impact in the workplace
- Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders including experience of having influenced 3rd party bodies and government agencies.
- Proactivity, and ability to work on own initiative to generate ideas
- Experience of influencing various stakeholders and managing multiple projects.
- Collaboration/integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization)
- Strong coaching and communication skills including the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders at different levels.
- Effective at using word/excel/PowerPoint and outlook to analyse, communicate and present key information from a number of sources and produce engaging and informative communications.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video